Character Angle problems (V2.2)

When it comes to the "Character Angle" option there is only two. Either your character will automatically turn towards the direction of the camera or is locked onto the direction of the camera. Either option your spin dash and jump dash will automatically go towards the camera.

For example, say you're looking at an enemy or a hazardous area and you want to jump dash away from the danger, but because the main camera is looking at it Sonic will jump dash towards it.Another example is the Spin Dash. I unlocked Frozen Hillside Zone and was stuck in the snowback trying to avoid snowmen bombs and facing a short wall I couldn't jump over. Logically I would simply tilt on the analogue to direct Sonic then spin dash away. But because the camera was facing towards the wall I just kept ramming the wall and going nowhere. I had to turn the camera around 90° just for something I can do instantly in Sonic Adventure.

Is there a way to make the "Movement" option stop automatically turning the playing character or have my actions move at the direction the character is facing and not the camera itself?

Ah OK. While I think the use of the mouse to observe surroundings is cool, I'd really appreciate if there was just a Dreamcast-era control-setup mode or something like that to make it easy.

fickle is currently working on a camera mod which allows for adjustable autocamera settings. It's also experimenting with a new camera button that might allow for more nuanced camera control in a single-button format.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back