Techno Hill Zone 1 loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lliteqiel ꙮ

Oh, What a Flopnik!
I'm able to notice it because I'm a looppoint fanatic myself and I've gained a heightened sense of listening after having heard my own remasters hundreds of times, but it isn't totally a seamless loop there. I suggest a few listens to focus in on that part of the song to get what I'm saying. Not sure if it's trying to loop where a pad instrument is located, because in my experience, rendering a song and having placed a looppoint near a pad, knowing the sustained nature of them, tends to make the music feel like it's being "interrupted" a little bit, even if the loop is pinpoint-exact.

The loop happens right on a crash cymbal, so that probably obscured the timing a little bit -- however, I think the looppoint I set was just a tad too early. I've readjust it by 2k samples here -- plug this into music.dta and tell me if it makes the difference.

Attachments

• o_thz1.rar
    815 KB · Views: 130
What happened first... is that you put a comma in the value (928446 vs. 930,868), so what I got was that it just ran back to the beginning of the music, lol. However, when I edited out the comma, it turns out that the track was cut a little short + it loops to a point noticeably further along in the song than when it did initally, so it's way more imperfect. I don't use LOOPPOINT myself, but I theorize that, using the original track, maybe only a few hundred values from 928446 should do it (maybe you have to extend it a smidge)? (I personally use LOOPMS as opposed to LOOPPOINT, so this is a learning process for me)

edit~ ACTUALLY, I'm going about that wrong. It's easier to just use the same one sent above and loop it somewhere BEFORE 928446, since it cuts off a little earlier. My bad

Last edited:
Okay, each time I try to edit the number to a slightly later loop point, it causes it to cut the length of the music slightly a little short at the end... for whatever reason. I've determined this to be too much trouble than it's worth and it's not really that big of a deal. Sorry for all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back