Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

WhyCron

Does exactly what the title says. Also includes Blue Spheres, Team Rings and Emerald Tokens.

GIF:
attachment.php

(Note: I would have resubmitted a while ago but I lost all my files and ended up forgetting about it.)

Attachments

• L_RingGro-v1.lua
    160 bytes · Views: 3,523
  • srb20014.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 9,934
Last edited:
It's kinda difficult to see the effect in your example GIF, but the mod itself works fine, so welcome to releases!

Yeah, what exactly is this mod supposed to, uhm... do? lol
Like, I see that the title says "RingGro", but I dont see the rings growing, if that's what it's supposed to do

Yeah, what exactly is this mod supposed to, uhm... do? lol
Like, I see that the title says "RingGro", but I dont see the rings growing, if that's what it's supposed to do
It's supposed to make the player gradually increase in size with every ring / blue sphere they collect, though it's not immediately noticeable, the effect can build up, and you can keep growing.

this really is just a stupidly fun mod, mostly because it just incentivises 100%ing each and every stage just to see how absolutely massive you can get. though i would say that there should really be an option to instakill any enemies you run into after a certain size, since you get much too big to even see them coming sometimes
nothing else really to say, it's just a fun mod lol

It's supposed to make the player gradually increase in size with every ring / blue sphere they collect, though it's not immediately noticeable, the effect can build up, and you can keep growing.

The effect would likely be more noticeable in standard/legacy camera rather than simple, which keeps moving around and away from the player constantly.

this really is just a stupidly fun mod, mostly because it just incentivises 100%ing each and every stage just to see how absolutely massive you can get. though i would say that there should really be an option to instakill any enemies you run into after a certain size, since you get much too big to even see them coming sometimes
nothing else really to say, it's just a fun mod lol

I tried to but I couldn’t figure out how to. If anyone can figure out a way to, I’ll update the mod and credit them.

playing around with object place and its just so funny also is there a command where you can grow your self cause if there is someone tell me cause i would like to do a challenge where can i get through this stage whilst massive

playing around with object place and its just so funny also is there a command where you can grow your self cause if there is someone tell me cause i would like to do a challenge where can i get through this stage whilst massive
devmode 1; scale (number: 1 is 100%, .5 is 50%, 2 is 200%, etc.)

does anyone know a way to create a temporary revert button? I'm wanting to give myself a button that shrinks me to half size, then when I release it, go back to whatever size I was before

does anyone know a way to create a temporary revert button? I'm wanting to give myself a button that shrinks me to half size, then when I release it, go back to whatever size I was before
There could also be a command where you don't have to hold the button, and another command that allows you to set the button to do it.

There could also be a command where you don't have to hold the button, and another command that allows you to set the button to do it.
so, while I never ended up figuring out a revert command, I did kinda get the result I was looking for using a different mod I found. I can't seem to find it on the message board anymore, but there was a mod on here called the gigant-inator by xelork (link: here) it was a challenge mod that would increase your playerscale every few seconds due to a busted invention tails made (according to the mod's description). after looking at the lua code in the mod, and figuring out how to partially read it, I realized that I could change certain values tied to the difficulty settings, and combine them with a couple command bindings in my autoexec file, to "fix" the device. one setting grows, the other shrinks by the same amount, and the third setting is neutral (a pause button of sorts). the only downside to it is that it may possibly cause some lag, due to how frequently it checks the settings, particularly when neutral (though I'm not sure, because I only lagged on a couple OLDC levels, and it only happens when I load my rather long autoexec file. I still need to test.) I would post the file on the mb for anyone who's interested, but unfortunately, it's not a reusable file.

Last edited:
so, while I never ended up figuring out a revert command, I did kinda get the result I was looking for using a different mod I found. I can't seem to find it on the message board anymore, but there was a mod on here called the gigant-inator by xelork (link: here) it was a challenge mod that would increase your playerscale every few seconds due to a busted invention tails made (according to the mod's description). after looking at the lua code in the mod, and figuring out how to partially read it, I realized that I could change certain values tied to the difficulty settings, and combine them with a couple command bindings in my autoexec file, to "fix" the device. one setting grows, the other shrinks by the same amount, and the third setting is neutral (a pause button of sorts). the only downside to it is that it may possibly cause some lag, due to how frequently it checks the settings, particularly when neutral (though I'm not sure, because I only lagged on a couple OLDC levels, and it only happens when I load my rather long autoexec file. I still need to test.) I would post the file on the mb for anyone who's interested, but unfortunately, it's not a reusable file.
Well, I wish I could get the file doe, but right now I'm happy with the mods I have. But maybe the creator of this could listen to my previous comment (& urs) and maybe add it or somethin? Idk but I'm tired of just growing by rings

Well, I wish I could get the file doe, but right now I'm happy with the mods I have. But maybe the creator of this could listen to my previous comment (& urs) and maybe add it or somethin? Idk but I'm tired of just growing by rings
I could tell you what I did, and you could replicate it. just find this spot in the file (I left xelork's comments so it's easier to find) and change the values to what I've got. you can also change them as you see fit. player.destscale is the change in size, and ticrate is how frequently it changes (I tend to leave that one alone.) if you want to adjust the settings (mine are set to a 160% increase from the current size, with it decreasing by the same amount). if you want the two settings to be equal, the equations have to be each other's inverse. ( increase = *2, decrease = *1/2)
find this in LUAGRANDE:
        if (p.gtimer == 0) //reached 0?
        and (CV_Grow.value > 0) //is this enabled, dad?
            if (CV_Grow.value == 1)
                p.mo.destscale = $
                p.gtimer = TICRATE/2
            elseif (CV_Grow.value >= 2)
                p.gtimer = TICRATE * 2
                if (CV_Grow.value == 3) //extreme mode
                    p.mo.destscale = $ * 5/3 //<- this was the original idea. 0.5
                else
                    p.mo.destscale = $ * 3/5
                end
            end
($ appears to represent the current size of the player)
I also reccomend finding the value for growmusic and changing it's default from 1 to 0, unless you want the same music to play on loop for the entire session. also, for controls: either add the following to your autoexec or type them into console
bind 1 "grow 2"
bind 2 "grow 1"
bind 3 "grow 3"
this makes it so that 1 turns on shrink, 3 turns on growth, and 2 stops the device
enjoy stomping around with your newfound power

Last edited:
I could tell you what I did, and you could replicate it. just find this spot in the file (I left xelork's comments so it's easier to find) and change the values to what I've got. you can also change them as you see fit. player.destscale is the change in size, and ticrate is how frequently it changes (I tend to leave that one alone.) if you want to adjust the settings (mine are set to a 160% increase from the current size, with it decreasing by the same amount). if you want the two settings to be equal, the equations have to be each other's inverse. ( increase = *2, decrease = *1/2)
find this in LUAGRANDE:
        if (p.gtimer == 0) //reached 0?
        and (CV_Grow.value > 0) //is this enabled, dad?
            if (CV_Grow.value == 1)
                p.mo.destscale = $
                p.gtimer = TICRATE/2
            elseif (CV_Grow.value >= 2)
                p.gtimer = TICRATE * 2
                if (CV_Grow.value == 3) //extreme mode
                    p.mo.destscale = $ * 5/3 //<- this was the original idea. 0.5
                else
                    p.mo.destscale = $ * 3/5
                end
            end
($ appears to represent the current size of the player)
I also reccomend finding the value for growmusic and changing it's default from 1 to 0, unless you want the same music to play on loop for the entire session. also, for controls: either add the following to your autoexec or type them into console
bind 1 "grow 2"
bind 2 "grow 1"
bind 3 "grow 3"
this makes it so that 1 turns on shrink, 3 turns on growth, and 2 stops the device
enjoy stomping around with your newfound power
I can't understand the damn math and science so imma just copy it into ringgro

wont quite work, this is a small piece of the code. if you just copy it into ringgrow, nothing will happen or work. what part of it is confusing you? I'd be happy to help.
The whole thing, I don't copy codes into addons, I'm a model downloader (mostly) is there any type of way I can make a Lua file and copy the code into it?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back