Favorite old games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgo

Paganitzu (DOS)
This game is a fun (and sometimes very hard) puzzle game.
click here to see what it is.

Pharaoh's Tomb (DOS)
This one is platformer game where you collect keys and shoot arrows to get to other rooms. I know it doesn’t look like much (glorious 4 color mode), but it is very challenging and fun.
Click here to see what it is.

Pharaoh's Tomb seems to only work on DosBox

Enough about my favorite old games how about yours?

Heh, I remember making this topic when I was a newbie. I could not figure out how to make a good topic so I just put something random in my head at the time. I think what I meant was any game that was not graphically great, but the gameplay was great.

I really liked Sonic 2 it introduced Super Sonic, Tails, and the first ever Metal Sonic.
Over all it was a pretty good game for its time, and it's still a good game today :mrgreen: .

Lemmings...That game was SO fun...
Too bad my machine used to crash every time I got to a certain point...Damn, I wish I had that game right now. ;_;

Excitebike for the **** win. I love that game. The track editor is the best.

Don't evade the curse filter

sonic,sonic 2,sonic 3,sonic 3 & knux, and dr. robotniks mean bean machine :mrgreen:

Gotta love Commander Keen! Not only is it one of the best 2D platformers on the PC, but it was the first to use smooth scrolling and it started of ID Software (who eventally made DOOM).

That reminds me about Secret Agent, that game was fun. I think the same comany that made Commander Keen made Secret Agent.

TheDarkArchon said:
Torgo said:
That reminds me about Secret Agent, that game was fun. I think the same comany that made Commander Keen made Secret Agent.

No they didn't.

Weren't they both made by "Apogee" at the time?

I would like to point out the majesty that was PC/DOS gaming
back in the day with Epic Mega Games and Apogee!

Epic:
Jazz Jackrabbit (Sonic rip-off)
Jill of the Jungle
Xargon
Heartlight PC
Electroman
ZZT
Ken's Labyrinth
Tyrian
Apogee:
Raptor: Call of the Shadows
Duke Nukem II
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
Hocus Pocus
Biomenace
Major Stryker
Halloween Harry
Monster Bash

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
If you do, I have shareware copies of many of the classic games
of that era if you're interested.

shadow the fox said:
Contra. You win. This to me is one of the best classic shooting game I've seen in my life.
Sonic
Mario
LoZ
well, I loved all the old games.

Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5. Those games ROCK!!!!!!. I play these games over and over and over. I never get tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back