[Open Assets] Megamix Themes (Update: 6/27/2016)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I'd hate to bump this topic. but while the invalid music spam is kinda uncontrollable, the S_ChangeMusic functions were incomplete.
Code:
if (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "sonic")
                S_ChangeMusic([I]52,true[/I])
The main issue was that there was no player_t called, so it went nil and affected ALL players. I did make a full fix for it and added support for Fsonic and TailsCD respectively, but since the original owner hasn't been on here since January 2016, and because I'm not allowed to post links to wads and such, (I guess?) You can PM me for the fix. (If that is allowed however, Mystic can come up with new rules on the spot.)
I suppose it's time I step up and return once again for a bit. Feel free to PM me a fixed version and I'll update the ZIP soon. You can also give me the files you used for Fsonic and TailsCD so they are compatible (unless all you did was just copy the Sonic and Tails ones I did).
Sorry I haven't been as active anymore, not much else I can do, certainly not interested in learning more LUA anytime soon so don't expect much more out of me here.

Oh my mercy I missed something very crucial to the wad!
(okay not really)

The music slots are clashing with Chaos Domain's soundtrack, so I've gone outta my way to relocate all of the tracks into the 80s and 90s (82-99) so that little to no conflict rests with most wads having their musicslots saved for the 60s.

The music slots are clashing with Chaos Domain's soundtrack, so I've gone outta my way to relocate all of the tracks into the 80s and 90s (82-99) so that little to no conflict rests with most wads having their musicslots saved for the 60s.
Why not just use MGMX01 to MGMX18? Part of 2.1.15's change-log says "Music slots are removed. No longer do you have to call your music lumps O_MAP##M; you can now call them anything you want. Anything. As long as it's six or less characters, I guess."
And I just tested, and I can confirm you don't even have to freeslot music. I made a Wad with nothing but O_EVILFZ, then typed "tunes evilfz" in SRB2's console, and it played. In Lua, I imagine you'd just put quotes around the music's lump name (minus O_ or D_) in the music-related functions, and it'd work. Haven't tested that, though.
Edit: Besides, MAP86M to MAP99M are already used by vanilla SRB2's music.dta, thus probably used by multiplayer stages and/or community-made level Wads.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have yet to play with that feature, so for the time being, the wad will have to be as basic as ever... Or will it? (I'm working on it)

Last edited:
Again, it overrides vanilla music, including the music for Azure Temple Zone, provided you're going to stay with the 80-90s of tunes... You know what, I'll just send you a private message with the Wad tweaked in a way which works, so you can see how named music works.

There ya go! Fixed up the download again, I think next time I might see about adding compatibility for other WADs though this was made in a way where you can easily modify it yourself so... who knows.

sup

hello , i'm new here =)

i downlaoded it, but i got some errors about.. "bad argument" and.."hook removed"...
what should i do? '-'

sry again, im newbie ^-^

Can you please fix this mod? The characters lives now play Sonic's when collected an extra life when invincible/faster/super. Also, the Game Over and Drowning themes do not play anymore. It makes a nice modern game experience, but I like my classics to STAY classic.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back