Master Server error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Advance

I like Trains
Well... When I am playing SRB2 in netgame at 11:32 pm. everyday (from one week) I am losting connect to master server. And I have again Connect at 10:00 am. next day. Please tell me why?

Ever change the server address to ms.srb2.org:28900?

Last edited:
I think the Master Server (and the site) has been going on and off recently. It's off right now. :/

Well, it was down about 1-2 hours ago. Just came back up, but the MS has been constantly down.

Yes it has happened a lot. I'm guessing they must be working on the master server or there could be some problems occuring with the master server too.

I think it's a problem caused by working. :P Just to be awkward.

But we can't say they didn't warn us about this, because they did.

Okay okay but i have too no connect at day... Like 2:00 pm. I have connect and minute later i lost connect. After 30 minutes connect back and 5 seconds later again cannot connect to master server.

That is a strange problem (I think). When it disconnects does it say something like master server error or timeout. I have seen this happen to me before. I figure it's probably a problem with your internet connection, but I could be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong.

That is a strange problem (I think). When it disconnects does it say something like master server error or timeout. I have seen this happen to me before. I figure it's probably a problem with your internet connection, but I could be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong.
No, it's never done anything like that to me.
Maybe it is just you.

I get this purple message saying an error
Then on a new line it says "Timeout on master server" or something like that
Then everyone has a random chance of disconnecting from the server.

..In that order.

EDIT: Note, I'm colourblind. It may not actually be purple.

Hey, guys, if you'd bothered to read the main page or forum announcements, you would have noticed the following text:

The Master Server will be offline for 24 hours for maintenance and testing on Sunday, May 9th, 2010. We are running some tests of the new MS reform functionality which are incompatible with v2.0.4.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and we will do our best to restore MS connectivity as soon as possible. Thanks for understanding.
This has been scheduled for several days now. The MS is down on purpose.

I knew that, but what I think he means is that even when the master server is up it disconnects for him. Am I right?

Hey, guys, if you'd bothered to read the main page or forum announcements, you would have noticed the following text:

This has been scheduled for several days now. The MS is down on purpose.

Uhh...Mystic, you know that BEFORE May 9th, lotsa MS crashes happened, right? Perfect example is May 7th's long downtime where every server on the MS got boom-ified (not only the MS, but the whole srb2.org crashed but that only during 2 hours on the same date)...On IRC, Sonict even stated it crashed...for some strange reason...

If you're clever enough to know that you know what we mean, then umm....apologizes :S

I am aware of that, however at the time I posted that, the last few posts were complaining about scheduled downtime, not unscheduled downtime. We are aware of the issues that srb2.org has been having recently.

MS dies when MySQL Daemon restarts, since it doesn't try to reconnect, yada yada yada, fixed in next version, blah blah blah, wait for 2.0.5, etc.

Well I have masterserver ms.srb2.org:28900 I never has connect to master server.
Always Cannot Connect to masterserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back