The E3 2010 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see, read, or hear about anything at E3. COuld someone give me a summary of what happened and what this PlayStation surprise was?

Also, quick note, Sonic Free Riders looks really bad. Reminds me of EyeToy Antigrav. THAT didn't turn out well.

Well, I only saw the Nintendo Conference and Twisted Metal/LBP2/Infamous 2 E3 clips, since I know those were the highlights of the Sony Conference.

I don't really care for the 360, so I didn't watch the Microsoft Conference. Kinnect seemed like a terrible idea at first, and it still is. The games coming out for it (Kinnectimals, seriously ?) are lame, and I am not too crazy about the new name.

Anyways, back to Nintendo's Conference. It blew my mind. I'm really excited for the Nintendo 3DS, now that it has proved it's more than just a DSi with 3D capabilities. The games for it are looking great (points to Kid Icarus: Uprising and unconfirmed ,but good as official Orcarina of Time 3D).

As for the new Wii games being released, i'm sorry to say that most are coming out 2011. Titles that are coming out the following year for Wii include The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mario Sports Mix, and supposedly Pikmin 3 will be revealed at next year's E3.

As for the titles you will be able to enjoy this Summer and the Holidays, Nintendo has you covered:

• Kirby's Epic Yarn (Liking the art style) Up to 2 players
  • Donkey Kong Country: Returns (SWEET) Up to 2 players
  • Golden Eye: Reimagined (Thank you, Activision) up to 4 players offline as well as online play
  • Metroid: Other M (Coming soon: August 2010)
  • Epic Mickey (Might be good)
  • PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Big Adventure (How adorable)
Anyways, those are all the titles I can think of right now and i'm sure theres more. Also, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will need Wii MotionPlus, and don't worry, the music is orchestrated. :P

Last edited:
I'm a little bit disappointed with the new Zelda. I guess it's the art style. The levels shown seem like the same old, so I can't complain there.

For Metroid, it was just yet another trailer, so nothing changed there. I'm still getting it.

Never truly played DKCountry, but I could give it a try now, since that new Wii trailer made it seem interesting.

With Kirby... yeah that sucks. I watched IGN's trailer again before watching E3's, just so that I would see how much has been updated. Bleh, it looks like a DS game now.

The new Pokemon game seems both cool and <RedFire> adorable. I guess the only thing that caught my eye was being able to battle other Pokemon in an Action/Adventure game. I'll just wait for a GameTrailers review to see if it's even worth it.

For Mario Sports Mix, it didn't really catch my eye. The only thing I'm looking forward is to show SEGA how to make a GOOD sports game. That will either cancel Mario and Sonic 3, or will use Nintendo's engines.

I still enjoy watching a new 3DS game trailer, see the updated graphics, and then suddenly noticing who the Goddess of Light is. I instantly knew it was a new Kid Icarus game. The gameplay looks ok, so I'll see if I can get it. The screenshots for other games like Zelda and Mario makes makes the 3DS look like it's just as strong as the PSP.

I only saw a few short videos for Portal 2, and a crappy home video for the new Sonic Riders and Sonic 4 games. Not too interested in Sonic Colors. Ah well. While not a diehard fan, I guess I'm still a Nintendo fanboy.

About those "technical issues" with the wii, wasn't the sensor bar on the floor? I sure hope you don't play your wii like that(I'm not completely sure if it was on the floor though).

Edit: It also seems like I'll be trying to get the 3DS at launch.

Last edited:
About those "technical issues" with the wii, wasn't the sensor bar on the floor? I sure hope you don't play your wii like that(I'm not completely sure if it was on the floor though)..

Taken from this article.

Keep in mind that Nintendo had a pretty dreadful live demo at its press conference, so anyone watching might be concerned that the game might not work as advertised. Watching that demo first hand I can tell you exactly why Miyamoto was having a problem: Wii Motion Plus can use the infrared sensor bar to recalibrate itself, and with the audience filled with devices emitting infrared, it was throwing off the device something fierce. I had the same problem when trying to play Wii Sports Resort last year in our video studio: infrared pollution.

Thankfully, the writer goes on to say that, after getting some hands-on time without the pollution, it works great.

Which makes me extremely happy.

By the way, has anyone seen the preview for Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater for the 3DS? Those visuals look fantastic for a handheld. I can only imagine what the 3D does with it.

Last edited:
They did, although they showed it through a video screen. There was no Human-to-device interaction as far as I know of gameplay. (If that makes any sense.) I was expecting something along the lines of an actual person picking it up, play and show a demo for us. The camera looking on.

Still, like they said. It wouldn't be very fair to show gameplay as you would have to experience it yourself.

If they showed us gameplay, it would just be playing a DS with PSP visuals. It wouldn't be too special as you would have to play it to see how the 3D works. The main point of the device.

Still, like they said. It wouldn't be very fair to show gameplay as you would have to experience it yourself.

If they showed us gameplay, it would just be playing a DS with PSP visuals. It wouldn't be too special as you would have to play it to see how the 3D works. The main point of the device.

Implying that their only selling point is the 3D? If it was, the marketing strategy behind it wouldn't be very good "It's the same console, with different games... and 3D". There's other stuff to it.

Isn't that what basically they just showed us? Besides some Wifi interactivity? That is basically what the 3DS is. A DS with an analog stick, better graphics, 3D,a bigger screen, and a camera.

Nintendo did a great job delivering. Their opening tagline was far better than some of their others and definitely stood out when MS and Sony spent the greater part of their conference on the new hardware while Nintendo reserved it until the end and placed an emphasis on the games.

They started off on the right foot with the new Zelda game, although that did run into a little bit of trouble they came out and apologized for it instead of ignoring it which I found rather decent. The art style for Skyward Sword is definitely headed in a direction that I'm happy with. Its delay doesn't bother me too much, particularly as one of those who had to deal with Brawl being delayed at the last minute. Its an opportunity to make it a better game.

Epic Mickey looked really good although from what Greg the Cat had been posting I was expecting some kind of Disney zombie game. What it actually turned out to be was far more interesting though. I just loved the Steamboat Willie sidescrolling footage.

When they demonstrated Wii Party, it was looking like they were going to be showing a whole casual block, but after a dancing trailer they went right into Golden Sun. Then after that everything seemed to be directed toward nostalgia. The 3DS presentation was great but Nintendo was smart enough to realize that a trailer wouldn't demonstrate the 3D, turning it into a gaming booth was quite classy, and the horde of women with 3DSs tied around their waists was slightly creepy.

Btw, Reggie's evil laugh and subsequent demise deserves to go down in history as one of the most epic moments in a Ninty commercial.

Isn't that what basically they just showed us? Besides some Wifi interactivity? That is basically what the 3DS is. A DS with an analog stick, better graphics, 3D,a bigger screen, and a camera.
Uh, it's a next-gen system. That's like saying that the DS is a GBA with a touchscreen and two extra buttons, or that the SNES is an NES with sprite scaling, parallax, and multiple layers. Selling it a bit short, there.

Of course, nobody knows what we'll actually get out of it, as all they did was show it off for the first time, but just call it "next-gen", like we all did with the 360, PS3, and Wii for several years.

Uh, it's a next-gen system. That's like saying that the DS is a GBA with a touchscreen and two extra buttons, or that the SNES is an NES with sprite scaling, parallax, and multiple layers. Selling it a bit short, there.

Of course, nobody knows what we'll actually get out of it, as all they did was show it off for the first time, but just call it "next-gen", like we all did with the 360, PS3, and Wii for several years.

Well, the DS was a big jump compared to the GBA. It is called a 3DS.
SNES is a SUPER Nes... GBA is an advanced gameboy. All of them are making the console look good. "You played the DS? Now you'll get a next gen DS with 3D and Wii visuals!" I agree it is selling it a bit short there. But... whatever.

Well, right now. Its unfair to judge the 3DS as we don't know the features at the moment. It would be a bit disappointing if they don't add in anything else.
Edit:Screw this, my logic fails. Move along.

Last edited:
Well, the DS was a big jump compared to the GBA. It is called a 3DS.

And it's called a GBA. Game Boy Advance to Game Boy, 3rd Dimensional Screen to Dual Screen. I still don't see your logic. It's the next generation of DSes. And it's not GBA to DS. The DS is a line all it's own. The Game Boy line died ages ago.

Yeah, just screw it.

SO pretty much this is it? (E3 rating)
Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft

All Three Download Services
The Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSiWare all got a complete snub this year, as no digital download titles were promoted or showcased. Even odder, the capability of the 3DS to download and play digital titles wasn't mentioned -- and Nintendo's already trademarked 3DSWare, so we know it's coming. Nintendo's been doing a decent job drawing attention to the DSi recently -- if not the Wii's download shop -- by giving away free killer apps like Flipnote Studio and Photo Dojo. But to not give these parts of the company's business a shout-out at all? Even a brief slide? Odd. Quite, quite weird.
Digital titles?
3DSware? Hmm.....

Edit: Wait a minute.. the TS isn't 3D? -_-

Last edited:
Btw, Reggie's evil laugh and subsequent demise deserves to go down in history as one of the most epic moments in a Ninty commercial.

Hell, that entire commercial deserves to go down in history as one of the most hilarious things Nintendo has ever done. Simply for how ridiculously funny it was.

I am sooo glad that i'm a Wii owner seeing MS fails big time...Yay for the 162562645w245blablablahth reason i don't want an Xbox360! (Sonic Free Riders...on...the Kineck.........I dunno who to blame...)

While Sony seems Ok (didn't saw their conference), i don't say i don't like PS3, it's just boring......atleast for me...(IMO, ppl)

Nintendo was...............Still okay, but wa-ha-ha-hay better then the others. The titles were okay, there was some that caught my interest (will list them shortly), HOWEVER, 3DS looks awesome, but sadly, as they said, they cannot show us how it actually shows movie-quality 3d screens, unless you ACTUALLY hold it on your hands with your ACTUAL eyes...aaand the trailer was ownage...

The list of games-of-interest, with reasoning:
- Mario Sports Mix: Basically this is almost all of the sport-ish Mario spin-off titles mixed together, which i find pretty interesting. I don't have most of those titles, not planning to buy Sports Mix, but still looks interesting...
- Kirby's Epic Yarn: James Rolfe AKA the AVGN said "I would never combine epic and yarn into one game". Which i don't get most of these titles is why the word epic is used in a game title? The word epic is like awesome, but in a higher level...so the game could've been named "Kirby's Awesome Yard". Wutever, i declare this game a Kirby spin-off for one single thing: WHARS DA SUCKING ABILITY? :O...but actually we needed a Kirby title on the Wii, so i don't blame it, and further more, i found it pretty fun (i beg to god for the game being on 60 fps). So...cool game...
- Disney's Epic Mickey: And I thought Mickey will be on the bad side this time...(again, why epic?) The game seems like one of those classic returns, but this time, it goes WAY BACK on the classic-ness...atleast in the "Action zones". Not a fan of Disney at all, just caught interest in it somewhy...

In conclusion: Nintendo owns a video gaming medal (lots of them), Microsoft should really leave their video gaming idiotness, and go back to making failtastic Operating Systems...(seriously...KINECK??? WTF?)

Last edited:
The best titles of E3 were.
1.Super Scribblenauts ( I loved scribblenauts and apparently. This one is even better)
2.PokePark Wii(Obvious D:)
3. Nintendo 3DS
4.Paper Mario 3DS
5. Kid Icarus :Uprising
6. NINTENDOGS! (And it better have a Shiba Inu or a Akita....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnyBxVhK_c
Alright, so this is something I was expecting to see. A little Human-to-Device interaction from a camera.

Damn, it's a shame that cameras are unable to pick up the 3D rendering of the 3DS. Then again, camera capture is much different from human eye since camera captures don't have stereoscopic vision.

Looks like I'll have to ACTUALLY pick this up for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back