Suggestions

Personally I think it's fine, since Shards games will always be filtered out of the vanilla SRB2 server list. It's a "standard" gametype in XSRB2.

They DO show up on the MS listing in the latest build, but the gametype was "unknown" on ms.srb2.org. I think Inu fixed that though.
When you look for a game in SRB2's standard room, you expect to find only normal gameplay on the existing gametypes. Even if a Shards game is advertised on the standard room, SRB2 filters it out because of the differing version numbers between vanilla SRB2 and XSRB2.

On the flipside, in XSRB2, Shards IS a standard gametype, so it makes perfect sense to have it listed in the standard room instead of the casual one.

So, yeah, Shards goes into Standard.

When you look for a game in SRB2's standard room, you expect to find only normal gameplay on the existing gametypes. Even if a Shards game is advertised on the standard room, SRB2 filters it out because of the differing version numbers between vanilla SRB2 and XSRB2.

On the flipside, in XSRB2, Shards IS a standard gametype, so it makes perfect sense to have it listed in the standard room instead of the casual one.

So, yeah, Shards goes into Standard.

Ah, I read your post wrong, I thought you were referring to ms.srb2, not in-game :P

I have been come up with some new ideas, since i recently started mapping with doom builder...and some other interesting stuff on my mind:

- Make Eggman bosses play alternate music when in pinch mode, can be disabled/enabled which could depend on 1) With a linedef executor set to the sector Eggman is, or 2) Through Map Header. The tunesslot it should play could depend on 1) The control sector's linedef front X/Y texture offset value, or 2) Again, through Map Header.
- Make custom characters, that are set as 'Character 04, 05, etc.' in a level pack/mod have their own emblem colors, and skin name acronym in the statistic screen, thus supporting more characters in mods. Also a SOC command/action about adding a character wad without modifying the game only on mods.
- Opportunity to go spectator on every gametype, plus an option to auto F12 players on Match/CTF following the killer, Powerups (e.g. Invincibility), etc., and some spectator only HUD items a la Quake Live (option only functions, when the player is in Spectator, and first presses F12 to view other players)

A level header for Crossfading music changes, to allow for smoother music transitions with maps that use multiple themes and such. Defaults to off.

A special combo polyobject swinging chain object.

It's set up the same way as a polyobject and swinging chain. Only the poly object spawns at the end of the chain swinging back and forth.

A special combo polyobject swinging chain object.

It's set up the same way as a polyobject and swinging chain. Only the poly object spawns at the end of the chain swinging back and forth.
PolyObjects can't go out of the sector they spawn in, so that would be practically useless.

How on earth did ERZ2 pull off that "boxes being sucked into space" effect with them then?
Polyobjects CAN leave the sector they spawn in, but there's no guarantee things will keep looking right (then again, they already don't look exactly right as it is).

I wonder if the "signal handler(): segment violation" popup box could be changed to display the EIP...

I wonder if the "signal handler(): segment violation" popup box could be changed to display the EIP...

That would only really be useful if you were able to copy the contents of the popup box, which I have sadly never seen in any of SRB2's(or most programs) errors.

Anyways, I don't think this is a discussion topic, so let's keep it to EIP reports from here on out.

I know I've already brought this up in previous topics, but I'm just so sick of this that I need to say it again. I HATE THAT CAMERA ANGLE CORRECTION. The problem is that, while it fixes an annoying issue, it's set up so that it will frequently occur even when that issue is not happening. And since I play in Analog Mode, this causes serious problems. For instance, whenever I rotate the camera so that it passes over a slightly higher sector, the camera flips around. Sometimes when I am running down a straight staircase, the camera jerks and sends me running into the wall. And, all too frequently when I'm climbing as Knuckles, the camera gets stuck in random places, and I can't see the player at all.

Seriously, guys. Either get rid of this stupid camera correction, or create an option for it to be disabled.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back