aruel_fernandez_portrait_by_team_lava-d6wj4pi.png

AkrekZ Satanria
akrekz_satanria_portrait_by_team_lava-d6wrekp.png

Furvy Yiffinston
furvy_yifinston_portrait_by_team_lava-d6wfs0m.png

Fan Art & Caricatures:
Mr.Smitty from Rocko's Modern Life
mr__smitty_by_team_lava-d6w8jls.png

Teenage Tails - WATCH OUT, HE HAS A FEDORA!!!
teenage_tails_by_team_lava-d6x5qkt.png

Super Mystic Sonic - ZOOOOM!!!
super_mystic_sonic___zoooom__by_team_lava-d6z5jhs.png

Make Way For The Chaotix!
make_way_for_the_chaotix__by_team_lava-d6z5l8z.png

Sonic & Tails Heads
sonic_and_tails_heads_by_team_lava-d6z5lf3.png

Various Sonic Sketches
various_sonic_sketches_by_team_lava-d6z5lni.png

Heavy, Bomb, Charmy, and Saffron of Team Chaotix
various_sonic_sketches_2_by_team_lava-d6z5lx1.png

My Sonic design
my_sonic_the_hedgehog_design_by_team_lava-d6z5m1u.png

Mighty, Ray, and Julie-Su of Team Chaotix, my style
the_other_chaotix_by_team_lava-d6z5mai.png

Larry-Silverstein-Skunkbutt-Portrait-417079607

Haha wow, that's certainly a unique way of drawing Sonic & co at least. Was at first going to point out that you've made everyone's noses a bit long and pointy, but now I'm guessing that's intentional. =P

Also, that last picture seems to be broken.

Haha wow, that's certainly a unique way of drawing Sonic & co at least. Was at first going to point out that you've made everyone's noses a bit long and pointy, but now I'm guessing that's intentional. =P

Also, that last picture seems to be broken.

Yeah thanks. I'm probably going to make more soon.

Also, it is? It appears perfectly fine for me.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Those Sonic designs immediately remind me of Crash Bandicoot's style somehow.

I based it off of Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. Also, my own imagination.

sawneek_by_neinithelord-d7294am.png

Concept art of some gimmicks and badniks for a thing. I highly doubt I'll be able to SOC any of this (besides the big freaking cannon, anyway) even if I tried, so I'll probably attempt to learn how Lua scripting works and wait for 2.1.

Gimmicks:

Bouncy Bubble - Found underwater. Bounces the player upward with the height of a blue spring, but pops when used. Respawns after five seconds.

TNT Barrel - Can be spin-dashed into, sending it flying into the air, exploding once it hits something. Can be used to defeat enemies and destroy obstacles. Barrels spawn from panels on the ground. Shamelessly copied from the PS1 Spyro the Dragon trilogy.

Big Freaking Cannon - Basically a just fancy zoom tube. Will probably only be used once or twice in an act, so don't worry about there being too much automation.

Badniks:

Captain Crawla - A large, very bulky Crawla that moves very slowly but has a ranged projectile attack; it periodically fires cannonballs in an arc, in similar fashion to Brak Eggman. Might take two hits to destroy like the Crawla Commander, not sure about it though.

Porcuproid - An octopus/pufferfish covered in spikes. Drifts lazily through the water and is invincible most of the time. Occasionally, it launches the spikes in all directions, leaving itself bare and safe to attack, though it does regrow them shortly after.

Rockeboom - Kamikaze seagulls. Waits until the player approaches, then dive-bombs them. If it misses, it will continue to travel forward until it hits a wall and explodes.

Barrel Hermit - A large badnik with armor that shields it from normal attacks. It rolls TNT Barrels down slopes and ledges, which explode once they hit something. The rolling barrels can still be spin-dashed, however, allowing the player to knock the barrel into the Barrel Hermit to destroy it.

Bloke - An underwater lobster badnik that blows bubbles out of its giant claw. These bubbles function similarly to the stationary bouncy bubbles, but they knock the player away instead of upwards, which can screw them over at times. This badnik does not move and cannot directly damage the player in any way.

So, It's a new year, and that brings around annual yearly redesigns of characters. So I have redesigned 3 of my human characters, Cirrus, Pastel, and Ashley.

CirrusCloud2014.png

PastelDiane2014.png

AshleyEmbers2014.png

I'll get around to doing the others sometime soon, hopefully.

Coat, you're a great artist, but those humans look hella awkward.

..Which is odd, since I know you don't lack the raw skill, and I can see some framework for your figures (which implies some knowledge of human proportions - but perhaps not). Your torsos look short, legs look long, arms... I'm not even sure. I think the problem is that you obviously drew those postures from your imagination. Until you've mastered the human figure, use pictures of actual people to get your the proportions down. You don't have to copy their looks or even their gender or anything, just their overall figure. You'll be amazed at how helpful it is!

Last edited:
teach me how to draw hands :(

Try drawing your own hands first, that's how I managed to figure it out years ago.

handsandfeet1.jpg

For that matter, here's an old scan from 2011 (or possibly older) of my own practising with hands and feet, starting with drawing my own hands and feet at the top and then making them cartoonier further down. Don't mind the clawed hands at the bottom right corner, I got carried away being a bit creative once I got the hang of things. :P

1012059_1460086314211451_1299874295_n.jpg

Wow, haven't been here in a while. Just a little SNES model I threw together, tell me what you think.

That actually looks pretty good. I like how the controller port for the SNES controller looks like an iPhone charger lol. :X

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back