What Browser Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbop800

BboP
Read title.

The browser I use is Mozilla Firefox, it just seems to work better for me than Internet Explorer. I know absolutely nothing about Safari, or any other browsers.

Firefox ´cause people told me it can make my ¨badass¨ 10,0 Mbps connection be tolerable.

Opera.
Everything else (that I've tried) either broke down for some reason (IE, Chrome, and FireFox just refused to work after a period of time and reinstalling wouldn't work) or wasn't as accessible as I'd like. Opera isn't perfect, but it's at least acceptable.

This thread is gonna be very one-sided... I use Firefox myself, although I'm a bit annoyed by it eating 180 MB of RAM. Then again, that is largely due to all the addons I use, which make it so much more comfortable to use. I tried Opera once and found it quite cool, but it just wasn't as customizable, and thus I started missing some features. Chrome seems to have become very good recently, so I might give it a shot.

Firefox is by far my favorite. It's so much more customizable, flexible, and (with the right addons) more secure than Internet Explorer. Also, I hate how Internet Explorer replaced Google with Bing in the quick search bar. Bing is a terrible search engine, and I don't appreciate having to manually navigate to Google.

FF doesn't stand for FireFox, it stands for Fucking Fantastic!

Fawfulfan, I'm fairly certain you can add Google back to the search bar. What did you expect anyway? Bing = M$ Search; IE = M$ Browser

Opera, I find it...more entertaining for some reason. I dunno. I also use FireFox sometimes, and Chrome, But Opera is my main.

Last edited:
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.6

Some websites still require me to use Internet Explorer (Target's employee site for example), so I still use it. I rather use Firefox when I can.

I like using Adblock plus and NoScript plugins for added security. NoScript is very powerful, but it blocks stuff like youtube, or any other flash players on default, so I have to get around that everytime. It is still better then dealing with malware.

I haven't tried Opera or Safari, so I can't comment on them.

Google Chrome as my default browser, and Firefox for main use

I use Mozilla Firefox. I've only used Internet Explorer aside from that, as I am too lazy to download another browser.

I use Firefox, if only because of Adblock Plus. If it was available for Chrome/Chromium, I'd probably be using that instead. Until then, I'm a Firefox fanboy.

I use Firefox, if only because of Adblock Plus. If it was available for Chrome/Chromium, I'd probably be using that instead. Until then, I'm a Firefox fanboy.

It is. I have it.

As for me, I never really liked Firefox, Opera was okay but felt kinda cluttered, Safari is too bare-bones, IE is a terrible browser in general, and I'm just a natural slave to Google, so Chrome is my browser. <3 Extentions. I know FF has Add-ons too, but the apps available for Chrome fit all my needs. Also, Portable Chromium + Bookmark sync. Hells yes.

Last edited:
I can't use anything other than Opera, I've gotten far too used to the Speed Dial option to go back to Firefox.

I can't use anything other than Opera, I've gotten far too used to the Speed Dial option to go back to Firefox.

ptskrn044.png

This is Chrome's Speed Dial type thing. The top 8 pages you constantly go to are here, as well as recently closed tabs (I don't remember Opera having this feature, bu this does come in handy). There's also a more traditional Speed Dial: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/dgpdioedihjhncjafcpgbbjdpbbkikmi
this one allows for tons of customizable speed dial slots, but the lack of "Recently closed" turned me off, so over time, I just let my 8 most frequent sites pile up there.

This also reminds me I need to go to my other forums more. I shouldn't be wasting all my rant fueltime here.

Last edited:
I use both Opera and Firefox, but mostly Opera for it's Unite feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back