What is the hardest first boss you've fought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Maste System version of the boss is actually considerably easier.
The SMS version of Sonic 2 GG's first boss is easy. The bouncing balls come much slower, and there is a large screen size letting you see them come from the left side for a lot longer.

On the GG version, the screen is smaller and the balls come much faster, making it basically impossible until you've memorized the entry positions of each random possibility. It is hands-down one of the worst designed bosses ever made, and completely ruins Sonic 2 GG. Green Hills Zone 3 is a similar level of cheap, but nobody remembers that just because of how awful Underground Zone 3 was. (Or they never GOT there because of that stupid first boss)

All the boss from MegaMan 1 (NES) where strong, and the Yellow Devil was the hardest boss of the history i think.

The only thing that made Yellow Devil hard was how fast his parts rush through from either top, bottom, or middle from either the left or right screen to reconnect to his body. Can't say it was the hardest boss in history, but in terms of a freaken hard boss I would agree.

I am not sure if megaman games would qualify since you can pick ANY boss to be the first boss.

I don't know any memorable hard first bosses other then Sonic 2 GG really. I think I am one of the few people that beat the first level, but not beat the entire game (yet). I didn't know how to make that kite thing work in the second level back when I played it.

Brock from Pokemon Yellow. You have Pikachu = Electric = Disadvantage unless you train it like mad, it does not learn thundershock for a while. Though you can get a butterfree with confusion and not get killed by the rock attacks beforehand if you're lucky enough.

I am not sure if megaman games would qualify since you can pick ANY boss to be the first boss.

I don't know any memorable hard first bosses other then Sonic 2 GG really. I think I am one of the few people that beat the first level, but not beat the entire game (yet). I didn't know how to make that kite thing work in the second level back when I played it.

Forget about the hang glider in act 2 and go for the 32x32 clouds, some of them have springs in them.

I'm one of the few to get to Crystal Egg Zone and beat it on both SMS and GG versions.

Brock from Pokemon Yellow. You have Pikachu = Electric = Disadvantage unless you train it like mad, it does not learn thundershock for a while. Though you can get a butterfree with confusion and not get killed by the rock attacks beforehand if you're lucky enough.

That's what almost everyone should do, just get a caterpie, train the little guy, then get a Pidgeotto like ash did, train that, and fight the brock.

Anything in Revolution X you pick as your first is extreme hard particularily if you play any home console version. Midway games are always like that though especially with Mutoid Man in Smash TV.

I agree. But, I believe megaman zero 1's first boss was nothing compared to the first boss of megaman zero 3.
I honestly think that difficulty in Mega Man games goes hand in hand with how good you are at them. Zero 4's first boss (the core of the enemy caravan) was very difficult because that was my first Mega Man game. The first boss of Zero 3 (Omega) was downright easy compared to those darned birds in Zero 4.

Also Space Channel 5 had a pretty tough first boss, considering the game is just hard in general.

Megaman Zero. The first boss in that game was a real wake-up call, a sign of the difficulty to come.

Okay fine, most CLASSIC megaman games don't qualify. I guess you can count 7 and 8 as having actual first bosses. I don't know if I would call either of them hard, but 8 would be if you didn't get that you are supposed to use that megaball to hurt him.

The hardest first boss for me was Melchiah from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. It took me several tries to beat him, as his strategy confused me time and time again.

The SMS version of Sonic 2 GG's first boss is easy. The bouncing balls come much slower, and there is a large screen size letting you see them come from the left side for a lot longer.

On the GG version, the screen is smaller and the balls come much faster, making it basically impossible until you've memorized the entry positions of each random possibility. It is hands-down one of the worst designed bosses ever made, and completely ruins Sonic 2 GG. Green Hills Zone 3 is a similar level of cheap, but nobody remembers that just because of how awful Underground Zone 3 was. (Or they never GOT there because of that stupid first boss)

Mystic, you are obviously wrong.
EVERYONE knows the Sega Genesis version was the hardest. :p

RAAM, from Gears of War 1. I stil can't beat him up to this day. He ticked me off so much everytime he sent some Kryll after me, its like it takes a million shots to kill him. Argh.

Even though the game only has two bosses and that they are pretty much the last opponents you fight, I'd say Kintaro in Mortal Kombat 2.
The only way I could really beat him is with an exploit using Sub-zero requiring you to freeze him in the left corner and mash low punch for as long as possible;
One slip-up and he'll come down on you like a 2-ton anvil.

Last edited:
As the first hunt target that isn't an oversized Mook, the Yian Kut-Ku from Monster Hunter. Looks ridiculous, but if you aren't expecting it, well...

*swings large sword* *sword bounces off* Huh?-ROAR TAILWHIP STOMPSTOMPSTOMP Mission Failed

Tried several times before I finally switched to a hammer. Got it to retreat, and I have to say, when I snuck up on it later and SMASHED THAT BASTARD'S SKULL INTO THE GROUND it was very satisfying.

Don't get me started on the Khezu.

Oh, I'm going to jump all over the place with an impenetrable electric field that stretches 20 feet farther than its visible size and when you fall down I'm going to sit on you with the field still active so you can't get away, okay? RAAAAAAAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back