Christmas mode - idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGally

I like the fact that the game changes on Christmas Day to a different theme, but I think it could use a little work. It basically makes all levels winter-themed, rather than Christmas-themed per se (though it adds Christmas music to all levels).

How about some different texture changes? Instead of certain walls turning blue to fit with the winter theme, such as the tiled walls, how about red and green tiles instead? And trees could be replaced with Christmas trees. I think it would make more sense to add more "Christmas" to the textures rather than have them all be wintry, which can make the game look a bit repetitive once you notice the sheer amount of blue and white everywhere. Adding some red and green to go with the wintry blue and white might do the trick.

Just some thoughts. What do you think?

True, it could be done now as a mod, but I'm talking about for the next version of SRB2. I think having an updated Christmas mode would be cool.

Nice idea. I should take that up in SPMoves 12, in which I'm redesigning ALL of the seasonal textures. Quite frankly, as they are, they're pretty damned good for making somebody you hate blind. :roll:

Holy crap this is old.

We need to reinstate that "no bad bumping" rule, and give some examples of what a good bump and/or a bad bump are. This isn't necessarily a bad bump, mind, but it's a thought.

Dude, that's bigger than a 1 year bump! How is it not bad? He could've just made a new topic instead of bringing up this.

Personally, I prefer he ask questions on the same topic, myself.

Here's the logic:

If we encourage people to make their own topics, we'll end up with, say, 5 topics on the same thing, all with the same information. If we let them bump to the topic, we'll answer his question, and it'll fade into obscurity.

Now say, 6 months later, some other n00b comes around with the same question and looks at the topic. His question will be answered and he won't HAVE to bump the topic, OR create ANOTHER topic on the same thing, saving us all time in the long run.

Hence, it's ALWAYS better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one on the same topic. Sure you'll get a few stupid bumps, but you'll get a few bumps like this that aren't all THAT awful. Just ignore that it's a bump and let the topic die again, and it'll be as if it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back