Toonami Returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrus

So, as we know, Toonami (the good ol' anime block Cartoon Network used to run) died some time around 3-4 years ago. However, Adult Swim (in a completely spur of the moment move) is playing the old Toonami lineup, with old buffers and even new dialogue and reviews for Tom. This is probably just an April Fools thing, but still, speculation on whether or not returning Toonami is a viable option?

Actually, yeah, I was just watching this. Pleasantly surprised, I remembered the exact commercials that were playing. Space...a boy can dream (or something like that).

As you said, probably just an April fool's gag, but it was nice to experience that again. Also, listening to the voice acting was painful. I already knew it would be much worse than I remembered, but never knew to how far a degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc9A5UeW1mg

You are tearing me apart Adult Swim!

Toonami was an amazing block when it aired, and it would nice to have it back. But obvious April Fools is obvious.

Edit: Woah woah what, I just discovered that Gundam Wing and Tenchi Muyo just aired on Adult Swim. Well played, America, well played. Even if this is only for one day.

Last edited:
Man, I wish Toonami was coming back. I spent many a Saturday night watching this on Cartoon Network. Coolest stuff ever. But, April Fools is April Fools, so...

Honestly, April Fools jokes are supposed to be funny. This is like the equivalent of trolling, especially for people who have been waiting so long for Toonami to make a return.

By asking if it's a viable option to return the block, I mean do you think that, given the choice, would they bring it back?

Doubt so, I see North American "Animated" TV everytime broadcasting less and less violent series, in the 90s there were series like Gundam Wing and Evangelion, wich I'd rather not let my kid watch, then on the 2000s, Inuyasha and other great series, wich were pretty good and "fitting", but what's the goriest thing you can find nowdays on CN, Naruto?

Oppossite to Anime-Broadcasting Japanese TV, wich hasn't reduced it's blood showers.

Toonami should be a permanent thing. It still feels relevant and it was still great to watch. If they do reboot it by next week or whenever they decide to or not, I hope it's on [Adult Swim]. Cartoon Network already ruined it with Tom 4, and it just feels right where it was placed on [Adule Swim].

I wish they would keep toonami. That was my childhood, man! So much better then the between show stuff they do now. CN has plungers and noses, AS has random dudes in owl costumes and other shiz that makes no sense.. unless your high.

AS has random dudes in owl costumes and other shiz that makes no sense.. unless your high.

As a fan of AS, I must say I get a laugh out of most of their programs (ATHF, Robot Chicken, Loiter Squad(Yes, Loiter Squad)) drug-free.

However, I do agree that the "transitions" between program and commercial are rather random.

[Adult Swim] posted on their twitter: "Want it back? Let us know." And then after that statement comes #BringBackToonami. This means that they are on board with reviving the block depending on fan support. The prank was that they showed us toonami in a way to say "you people can't let go of the past, huh?" But ratings count, and they got them that entire night. So on the subject of toonami coming back, it's a 50/50.

Last edited:
At first I raged at the pure cockteasery that was... then I learned of the twitter thing. This is epic

You know, as we saw on April Fools, this means Tom can be slightly edgier in his language (i.e. damn, ass, bitches, etc.)

I'm really glad that toonami is going to be coming back, but I hope along with old anime they decide to show some new anime too. Also here's hoping they bring back more game reviews on Toms side I enjoyed the mass effect 3 review during the April fools joke toonami. Marking my calendar and everything to prepare for may 26 can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back