Fickle Hearts

[Level Pack] Fickle Hearts

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Previously made by fickle, the map pack Fickle Hearts returns, under new management. This level pack contains 6 Race Maps, 2 Race Hell Maps, 1 Battle Map, and 1 Battle Hell Map! These maps are known for sporting some technical feats not shared by many other maps, as well as being a blast in their own right! You may remember Beta 5's changes, but most of them have been reverted. Hoewever, this pack still include's Beta 5's Cutout Warehouse K! Two maps are normally hidden, but load fjoke.soc, and they will appear in level selection like any other map would!

The track list includes...

• MAPF0 - Seaside Labyrinth Zone
  • MAPF1 - Cutout Warehouse K
  • MAPF2 - Viridian Cliffside Zone
  • MAPF3 - Clock Towers K
  • MAPF4 - Downhill Jam Zone
  • MAPFG - Gay Energy Zone
  • MAPFH - Crazy Eights Zone
  • MAPFL - Vessel Vendetta Zone
  • MAPFM - Mansion Maze Zone

BETA 7:
-Honeybee Industry Zone removed, since it's in the main game now!
-Added a fence on one segment of Cutout Warehouse K to prevent being screwed over when knocked into the Invincibility shortcut.
-Change the numbers on the titlecards.
-fjoke.soc! Add this SOC file, and it unhides the Fickle Jokes maps!

BETA 6:
- Maps reverted to Beta 4
- Gay Energy and Crazy Eights Zone are back to being hidden
- The first fence in Downhill Jam Zone is still gone
- Cutout Warehouse K from Beta 5 is also here
- Widened the boosters in Seaside Labyrinth Zone's waterskip shortcut

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• kart0005.png
    kart0005.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 791
  • kart0006.png
    kart0006.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 792
  • kart0007.png
    kart0007.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 882
  • kart0006.gif
    kart0006.gif
    511.2 KB · Views: 819
  • kart0009.png
    kart0009.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 788
  • kart0010.png
    kart0010.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,086
  • kart0011.png
    kart0011.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,106
  • kart0007.gif
    kart0007.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 956
  • KRB_fhrts_b6.pk3
    8.8 MB · Views: 1,316
  • KRB_fhrts_b7.pk3
    8 MB · Views: 2,575
  • fjoke.zip
    449 bytes · Views: 1,128
Last edited by a moderator:
Returning to the releases, its Fickle Hearts!

BETA 6:
- Maps reverted to Beta 4
- Gay Energy and Crazy Eights Zone are back to being hidden
- The first fence in Downhill Jam Zone is still gone
- Cutout Warehouse K from Beta 5 is also here
- Widened the boosters in Seaside Labyrinth Zone's waterskip shortcut

If there's one thing I hope for, is that the Bemani music stays whenever this pack gets update. Could be my bias but I love the music choices for these tracks.

BETA 7:
-Honeybee Industry Zone removed from the pack, since it's in the main game now!
-Added a fence on one segment of Cutout Warehouse K to prevent being screwed over when knocked into the Invincibility shortcut.
-Change the numbers on the titlecards.

I also added "fjoke.soc", which when loaded, unhides the Fickle Jokes maps! Gay Energy and Crazy Eights will appear like any other standard map.

Beta 6 is being left up for archival purposes. I don't know why I insist on still calling these betas, but...

Last edited:
i notice multiple servers do not use battle maps. will there be a battle-less release pack to save on space for us servers?

I'm still holding hope that this pack will have honeycomb repackaged by D00D64, but now that 1.6 is out this is the best time to revive this pack.
I really would hate to see these maps die out due to a missing map crash.

I'm still holding hope that this pack will have honeycomb repackaged by D00D64, but now that 1.6 is out this is the best time to revive this pack.
Sadly the likelihood of this happening is pretty low, considering D00D64 hasn't been active here since August, and seems to be retired from SRB2 according to his twitter bio.

Here is a little joke as a lazy person making a mod pack.
How to use b7 Fickle Hearts and bring back Honeybee Industries for 1.6:
1) Download https://mb.srb2.org/threads/fickle-hearts.26543/ version b6 and put it in your map pack
2) Download https://mb.srb2.org/threads/fickle-hearts.26543/ version b7 and load it after b6.
Congrats, you have made your players download the same maps twice for no reason.
Post automatically merged:

Couldn't replicate the crash on hep_v1.1 by myself with b6 and b7 loaded at the same time. Is it a base 1.6 thing or is the crash done by certain conditions?

Last edited:
Here is a little joke as a lazy person making a mod pack.
How to use b7 Fickle Hearts and bring back Honeybee Industries for 1.6:
1) Download https://mb.srb2.org/threads/fickle-hearts.26543/ version b6 and put it in your map pack
2) Download https://mb.srb2.org/threads/fickle-hearts.26543/ version b7 and load it after b6.
Congrats, you have made your players download the same maps twice for no reason.
Post automatically merged:

Couldn't replicate the crash on hep_v1.1 by myself with b6 and b7 loaded at the same time. Is it a base 1.6 thing or is the crash done by certain conditions?
No, it only happens with B7 because the pack expects Honeycomb to be loaded in base game.
Never thought about loading both B6 and B7, thanks for the tip!

beta 8 should have honeybee industry
We probably won't get a beta 8. That's why we have to use the trick of loading beta 6 and 7 if we still want to play these maps.
D00D and Fickle don't want to be contacted, so this map pack is forever discontinued.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back