Cue's Masterserver 1.5 beta, now with more features and bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue said:
Sciky said:
Cue said:
And so begins the cataclysm.

2 to 3 weeks? Do remember that myself and all the ops in #srb2fun can ban from report as well. ^_~

So you're able to ban reported servers faster then 2 to 3 weeks? Because uh, that would be pretty fricken shweet/Griffin.

I just banned, like, 5 that had been reported overnight. :|

Thankyou, this is great, so much better then the previous system.

There are some people currently on the master server who deserve more then a one week ban, for example, Mario's server, several months ago Mario was constantly breaking the rules, he was reported many, many times, and was banned many times, and he ban evaded a lot, truthfully at that point he deserved a permanent ban and he didn't get it, then he disappeared.

He's now back on the master server and he's once again roleplaying on the master server sometimes, he deserves at least a several week ban, people like him don't deserve to have their chances reset back to a simple one week ban just because we have a new system, people like him and "sonic's server" or "amy rose's"server need harsher bans then other people because they've been around for an entire year rule breaking, and have constantly gotten away with it, they need a ban time that fits the amount of times they've done roleplay/hangout. They've been going against the rules on the master server at least one time a week for about a year now, and I don't think a one week ban would be harsh enough after they've been doing that.

That's just my opinion though, do whatever you want.

Dark Warrior said:
I think you're caught in this ban, though I'm not 100% sure how the whole IP-range thing works:
Code:
Server Name: joshua'server
Server IP: 74.226.125.38
Banned IP Range: 74.225.0.1 to 76.0.0.1
Date of ban: Jul 29 2008 3:56:21 
1st Tier Expiry: Aug 5 2008 3:56:21 
2nd Tier Expiry (can list servers during 2nd tier): Aug 12 2008 3:56:21 
Reason: Hangout, ring trail making.
Why is there a ban range anyway?

Dynamic IPs. Some n00bs can unplug the router for 5 minutes and get a new IP when it is plugged back in.

I'm not sure if my mom will let me unplug the router for that... If she doesn't, I'll just wait out the ban then.

It's an absurdly wide range to ban anyways, and Cue really does need to do something about it.

So what's going to happen to all the people we've reported in the masterserver banlist part 2 thread that havn't been banned yet?

A lot of people now can't host servers cause of this making it imposible to join the server even with an IP. So theres only 1 server that everyone can join and its laggyer than Sonic Heroes for the PC and that lagged a lot.

Donovan the hedgehog said:
A lot of people now can't host servers cause of this making it imposible to join the server even with an IP. So theres only 1 server that everyone can join and its laggyer than Sonic Heroes for the PC and that lagged a lot.

Haha, what? Impossible even with an IP? I dunno what you've heard but it's rubbish, the MS has no say in joining via IP. It probably means a lot of the servers aren't actually joinable, or even up. I still have yet to get the timed out server removal done.

Eblo deliberatly shut down his server and banned me at the same time to try and continue his hangout in sacity while making me think his server just shutdown, I went to get back in when it was up again and I was banned, but I have no log of all this now, someone else has to go in and try and get him to change map/gametype or report him.

Hi,

For some reason I don't know why, again, I came back to previous situation:

1) I can't use MS Launcher
2) I can't host games
3) I can't LISTSERV games
4) I'm not in ban list, not even my IP falls in some banned IP-range.

Even yesterday overnight, I'd hosted a game and played with some people. Fine. I'm not angry, just I want to know what I could do or what's happening.

Thanks in advance... o/

Ezer.Arch said:
Hi,

For some reason I don't know why, again, I came back to previous situation:

1) I can't use MS Launcher
2) I can't host games
3) I can't LISTSERV games
4) I'm not in ban list, not even my IP falls in some banned IP-range.

Even yesterday overnight, I'd hosted a game and played with some people. Fine. I'm not angry, just I want to know what I could do or what's happening.

Thanks in advance... o/
I assume it will be up and down due to cue working on the master server but i honestly don't know

Silent_Snipe said:
Ezer.Arch said:
I assume it will be up and down due to cue working on the master server but i honestly don't know

I'd assume Cue doesn't like me... o.O*

Just kidding...

But... I come here just to say....

I CAN GET TO WORK MY SERVER!

What I did: I opened http://ms.srb2.org/ and saw this:

Current Host: Official SRB2 Server (ms.srb2.org:28900)

Hmmmm.... that is it! Then, I changed configs of my launcher and SRB2. It's done. Works fine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back