• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Antiland demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ors

Custom User Title
Tribute to Antichamber

I started making crazy map. There will be lots of frustrating obstacles and there´s always an simple way out. You can download the first area here: http://download1078.mediafire.com/k2w7jephfxog/4ipeacuoviuagv5/antiland_demo.wad

bkt7tpc1p5w3w6ofg.jpg

There´s only one way out, but that´s not always the straightest way.

e1bor4844wymcc4fg.jpg

That tube will look familiar!

I just took a quick moment to play this, and I've gotta say so far you've got this down pretty well! I think everything was rather well executed, and about the time I finally figured out where to go next, it felt good! I think my favorite part was how the rooms changed. It just felt like "magic" quite literally was going on as the room just magiclly happened to have more rooms in it. The only thing I have against this map is the incredibly dull grey block textures you use almost everywhere. It's not so much that they're bad, it's just that they're overused. If you had maybe a different floor and ceiling texture, I think it'd be cool.

Nice work Ors, very impressive. This is an excellent usage of the silent teleporters. The awnser to the red and yellow room got me by surprise, like why didn't I think of that earlier?

Also, I didn't see that tunnel all that much because I accidentaly found the way out to it. XD

However, like Eliwood up here, the texturing here could use some variation, and I also didn't like how you didn't include a level header.

Other than that, keep on rolling!

Thanks very much. Looks like I´ve succeeded with this! I´ll keep making this. But... I´ll not make very big texture changing. There´s few walls but much coloring. It belongs to antiland.

I´ll not make very big texture changing. There´s few walls but much coloring. It belongs to antiland.

Well yeah I know some rooms get kind of colored, but the wall and floors should be different from one another, I feel like.

I really like puzzles in adventure games like this, It really works your brain and makes you feel accomplished, just like that wall puzzle in Deep Sea Zone 2( I haven't gone that path since the new update so I don't know if its still there.)

Hey Ors can you make a tails doll map? :)

-offtopic- There already is one, and who really cares about the Tails Doll? it's just some forgotten character that got a dumb creepy pasta, it has nothing to do with this.

You're still posting to this demo thing? I uploaded the full version at least a half years ago on 2.0! Anyway, I'm making AntiLand 2 now! or not yet. I have to work with two other map packs. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back