Stuff to put in SRB2ME (Part 3: The Last Crusade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters with a swimming ability should be able to hover on the water's surface.

Much like in Sonic Advance 3 where Knuckles could swim if combined with the right character, the Legend of Zelda emulated this as well. Upon touching the water, Link would just swim on the water's surface until he dove down.

Is it possible to do an "endless floor" kind of thing that zdoom does? It could really drastically improve the look of a lot of maps.
Something like this:
Screenshot_Doom_20090311_032519.png

Screenshot_Doom_20090311_070444.png

These are my suggestions:
  • A SOC option so that certain enemies do not spawn animals. (i.e animal or human enemies)
  • An intangible from above sector type: it could be useful for trapdoors, or pitfalls that lead to a trap chamber.

Here's a feature SRB2 needs for netgames.

Let's say, in the current version, that you want to join a server with lots of WADs added. You don't have any of these WADs, and can't find them manually. All of them are small enough to be downloaded from the server--except one. When you try to get on, not only can you not join, but the game doesn't even download the WADs you need that it CAN get!

I think the new version should download anything it can, THEN tell you that you can't join because one of the WADs is too big.

OK.
One thing I've wanted for a bit is an ability to grab on to enemies/bosses in NiGHTS mode. I still can't beat the boss in botanic serenity.
And maybe items to re spawn every lap in NiGHTS so score attack mode works?

Better Thing/Actor defining. DEHACKED-based definitions are just plain awful with the states not being part of an actor. EDGE's DDF and ZDoom's DECORATE are good examples of Thing defining, with DDF being closer the the DEHACKED style.

Along with that, there should be the ability to define skin skeletons-things that define states and such for skins, as well as other qualities. It'd be a lot simpler than making a new .exe for a new style of defining characters.

Stone shoes / slow shoes. The opposite of speed shoes, which makes you pretty much like in Sonic Labyrinth.

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but springs that can have their own custom bounce value, instead of just having to use red/yellow/blue springs.

Ice said:
Is it possible to do an "endless floor" kind of thing that zdoom does? It could really drastically improve the look of a lot of maps.

Well, it's important to keep in mind that ZDOOM also has slopes. If we could pull elements right out of ZDOOM, we might have already had slopes by now.

Anyway, here's my suggestion. It's another value you would put in the S_SKIN lump:

springaction = 1

OR

springaction = 0

If this value was set to 1, the character could use their ability even if they were bouncing on a spring, like Sonic could thok after springing or something. Obviously, setting the value to 0 would make it not work like that. If this value was omitted from the S_SKIN lump, it would default to 0.

You know how you've said you aren't implementing the feature to see other player's names because the Doom Engine doesn't allow you to know wjhether you're ponting at someone through a wall or not? Just make each player fire an invisible rail ring all the time, and if it hits, show the name.

Remove chat.
Remove chat and you practily destroy all future hangout servers shoud ther be a new master server.

Metal Sonic SOMEWHERE.

I mean, he's in the manual! Why not actually have him as a boss of some sort, or if you feel like screwing with people, a basic enemy!

And he isn't like Shadow. Shadow sucks. But Metal Sonic was in the old games, damnit! Is SRB2 made of the best of the old games? Yes!

Camera shaking effects, ideal for earthquakes or shifting lands, or even dead bosses!
Camera shake could be activated by a secotr tag or a linedef executor, length of linedef could make the shakes stronger (Make the camera move such an amount of pixels while jittering), or it could be an action on a soc when used with a state. Variable used to determine strength? Dunno, I don't think they'll add this but it doesn't hurt asking.

Better multimedia keyboard support, as srb2 doesn't recognise some of the keys on there and even the ` key becomes something stupid like key96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back