• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Banana Man Alpha V1 Release!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
ALPHA LINK:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vo9yrt

(for some reason the 2nd boredom frame isnt showing, ill get right on that)

Creation:
I saw a video of a poorly made Banana Man wad, so i decided to make a decent BM wad for SRB2.

The Alpha release V1 includes the following frames:
Idle
Boredome
Walking
Jumping
Falling
Hit and Death

zck2020 said:
Hmmmmm...looks better than other attempts is all I'm going to say.

Yeah, it does.

Why are his arms blue though? Color them black, it's in SRB2's palette if you think it's not.

It's spelled "Banana" not "Bannana".

That said, it actually doesn't look all that bad. I hope you can continue with this project.

I Plan on finishing by the end of the month AT THE MOST!

Im sticking to this project

I honestly can't see someone spending more than a week on this. It shouldn't take a full month to complete, it's simple sprite work.

Chrispy said:
I honestly can't see someone spending more than a week on this. It shouldn't take a full month to complete, it's simple sprite work.

Maybe he has stuff to do?

Jellybones69 said:
Chrispy said:

Maybe he has stuff to do?

Well, it's mostly school and pure laziness that get in the way.
I'm glad to see that this wad is being noticed o_o

Hmmm... Im thinking of adding a Super Form, tell me what you think.

P.S. Does posting 5 days after your own post count as double posting?

Okay. Two BIG things I must tell you.

1. NEVER NEVER NEVER put a space in the Character's name! The program will cut off everything after the space and one letter before. Thus "Banana Man" on the Char Select Screen actually just says "Banan".
2. Eewwwwwwww, HiRes. I can't STAND HiRes. It takes a lot more work, but please shrink all the sprites manually--it looks a LOT better.

Answer to Fawfulfan's requests

1. I already fixed that and it will be in the next Alpha Release
2. I'll try doing that and getting it into the next Alpha, but that will mean having to rebuild the Wad.

The final word on having a super form is No

Thanks for heeding my advice! I apologize if you took any offense--your banana WAD is still WAAAAAY better than any other banana WAD out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back