Is this a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariokid

Well I was thinking that srb2 should of had 4 player multiplayer. I know people are going to complain about the small screen size but they should give it a try. If they dont thats whats netplay's for but sometimes I just feel like playing with people I can see. Im not forcing but please give it a try.

Most console games that support splitscreen support four players these days, so I don't see why not. But people want offline multiplayer to die. But what if you can't connect to Internet? What if you have a meeting in your house and people want to play SRB2, but there's only one computer? There are lots of reasons for offline multiplaying :P

Anyways, more than two players on the same keyboard is painful and with new hardware simply it won't work (there's even trouble with several combinations with a single player, think on it). Multiple joysticks become a must.

Also, the split screen for four players isn't all vertically, it's two vertically and two horizontally, for those who don't know :P

EDIT: and shut up Chaos, SRB2 runs at full speed here even in software mode at 640x400 :/ There's no excuse for it.

Also, what about characters? There are only 3 default characters in SRB2, so you would either have to add a wad, or have two of the same characters running around....Which isn't so bad...Infact, I don't even know what I'm complaining about.

Chaos Knux said:
LAN games
Yea, we could have two computer's in the same house that have srb2 and use lan.It would probaly be unconfertable with three people looking at a little screen monitor.I still can't even find a small decent computer chair that would put like four people at the computer desk, without squishing together to look at the screen. Or I could plug in those Audio, and Video plugs into my Tv so, we can have enough space IN MY LIVING ROOM ;D!
So yea 4 screens MP should be good,But probaly only good on your TV.

OK, you say LAN games, but what if you don't have enough money to afford for more than one computer? Man, even this computer I'm running on is unacceptable for today's minimum standards (80GB hard disk, 512MB RAM, the only acceptable thing is the video card that has 256MB of VRAM :P).

EDIT: typo (san instead of say... o_O)

No because this is an idea, not something well defined, so it should have its own topic (the rules are very specific with this). Anyways this should go in the Suggestions subforum, agreed.

Who would play srb2 windowed unless there not allowed playing games on the computer and need to have a way to shut off srb2 quickly?

People who are mean and claim they would only play in windowed mode. Man, while I was making Sonic Action I was requested to add support for windowed mode at SFGHQ! Man, seriously, windowed mode does nothing more but hurting. Somebody said that windowed mode allows you to focus in a bigger area due to the position of the eyes - truth is that in full screen mode you change your position to fit it, and not only you finish up with the same area, but your body is more relaxed. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back