Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TrustyGun

aka. Exoticus
Dtrxz0L.gif

A port of my 2.1 mod to 2.2 with some new additions, some reworks, and a little bit of mod compatibility (see below).

Basically, this addon adds gibs to the base game. Whenever players, enemies, monitors, and bosses are hit or killed, you see blood and gibs fly everywhere!

In ringslinger modes such as Match and CTF, players bleed their skin color.

CHANGELOG:
v2
  • The ACZ3, BCZ2, and BCZ3 bosses have special events happen when they die. Be sure to check them out!
  • When a player dies, the player-cam tracks their skull.
  • You can now turn off "organic" gibs - red blood, bones, and skulls. This will also turn off player bleeding and gibbing. Useful for large servers.
  • You can also turn off the death-screams separately if you prefer.
  • Depending on the player skin, different blood types, gibs, and death screams are used.
  • Gib sprites now smoothly rotate when they fly about.
  • Optimizations :)
v2.1
  • Fixed a couple of bugs with custom characters. Custom characters should now work with gibs.
  • Fixed goombas not gibbing

COMMANDS
gibs_help - Tells you all of the available commands for the mod.
gibs_liqcooldown [seconds] - Determines how long it will take until blood/oil disappear. Don't set these to high values, they will lag your game!
gibs_gibscooldown [seconds] - Determines how long it will take until gibs disappear. Don't set these to high values, they will lag your game!
gibs_organic [0/1] - Turns on/off "organic" gibs - such as red blood, and bones. This also turns off player blood and gibbing; you will die like normal.
gibs_voice [0/1] - Turns on/off death screams. Do note that turning off gibs_organic already means that death screams won't be played.

MOD COMPATIBILITY
Some basic mod compatibility has been added, allowing custom things and skins to be affected by the gibs mod. Because of the way it's currently implemented, make sure to load gibs first!

Things
Add something like this to the end of your LUA file - keep it separate, don't put it in a function.
Code:
if gibs then        //check to see if gibs mod is loaded
                    //add our thing to a certain table
	table.insert(gibs.example_table,MT_MYTHING)
end
Whichever table you add it to determines what gibs spawn on death/hit. Here's a list:
  • gibs.organic - red blood, bones and a skull
  • gibs.mechanical - oil, bolts and nuts
  • gibs.monitor - oil, and monitor bits (duh)
  • gibs.boss - same as gibs.mechanical, but up to 11 for extra flashy hits
  • gibs.etheral - white ecotoplasm. spooky!

Skins
This is very similar to how custom things are added.
Code:
if gibs then        //check to see if gibs mod is loaded
                    //add our skin to a certain table
	table.insert(gibs.example_table_but_for_skins,"myskinname")
end
As before, whichever table you add it to changes what color blood you have and what gibs spawn.
  • gibs.skin_male - organic blood and gibs, male death scream
  • gibs.skin_female - same as above, but female death scream
  • gibs.skin_mechanical - oil, bolts, nuts, robotic death scream
  • gibs.skin_pref_color - uses the player's color for the blood, no death scream.

If you have any issues, contact me here or on discord; my username is the same as here, TrustyGun.

In the event I do not log in for a month and cannot be contacted, I give blanket permission for STJr and its appointed staff to coordinate and approve the porting and maintenance of my releases on the SRB2MB, except where stated otherwise. I reserve the right to ask for those ports to be taken down or replaced if I return. You may not edit my work to create other content (such as Original Characters or Remix Stages) unless specified

Attachments

• srb20038.gif
    srb20038.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 1,440
  • srb20039.gif
    srb20039.gif
    7 MB · Views: 1,390
  • VL_gibs-v2.1.wad.7z
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,219
Last edited:
Fixed a couple of bugs with the mod, including one which stopped custom characters from gibbing/bleeding.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back