[SUGOI] Shut Up and Get On It

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a hidden button in the final area, about 64x64 fracunits in size (the size of one square in the GFZROCK texture.

Ok so i have to ask, I love finishing levels on my own initiative but WHAT do i do on contaminated water zone? It's gone from confusing to downright annoying so i've just given up, which is a shame cause so far i'm loving everything else!

Yeahhhh... sorry about that xD, as FuriousFox and fres Said, there is a hidden button towards the end section.

Updated to v1.1! This will be the only update with major level design changes like this, in the interest of maintaining demo compatibility once the records section is officially advertised as being up.

• A new cvar has been added: "useemblems". Setting this to "no" will force the game to use the multiplayer/modified game method of tracking maps beaten and not unlocking the same gates between files (at the cost of maps beaten not being saved due to limitations for Lua/save game interactions). Useful for replaying the game without deleting your gamedata.
  • A cvar from an old dev version returns (and this time actually working), "votetime"! This lets you set how many seconds the voting timer lasts; you can also set it to 0 to have it last until everyone has put in their vote, or set it to -1 to have it skip voting and go straight to the map picked.
  • If you're pressing anything during the first ten tics when a vote starts, input will now get ignored until you stop pressing anything. This helps prevent accidentally voting when someone starts a vote unexpectedly in a netgame.
  • Nightlight Ruins has been heavily extended. It's nearly twice as long now!
  • Robotnik Park now has sexy new bumper sprites, courteousy of Blade!
  • The button that opens the exit in Contaminated Water has been made a bit more obvious; it now has more metal flowers around it, a different texture, and lowers when you press it.
  • Gravity Well's had its gravity strength made to be much more lenient in areas where you were required to spindash, for the sake of staying future-proof.
  • Kodachrome Void has additional extra lives in various, very evil spots. Most of the pure black walls have also been made unclimbable.
  • A couple of platforms in Groggy Gale had been moved around and adjusted.
  • Slight adjustments to The Grand Finale; you now get rings on spawn in netgames (the amount scales with players) and the BonusType is now Boss instead of ERZ3.
  • Unlocking Garanz Site 16 now highlights the "F" on the mulitplayer progress bar with yellow, and has a multiplayer cecho.
  • Garanz Site 16 is now possible to access from the hub in Race mode.
  • Fixed a grass flat bleeding into a couple other sectors in Skytop. Not really sure how, I just moved a couple vertices around, but it's fixed so
  • A couple of lines have been made unclimbable in Teleport Station.
  • Moved a couple of monitors in Sunset Ruins 1 that were sitting on top of torches.
  • Moved two rings that were stuck in a pit in Retro Hill 1.
  • Act number was removed from Aquatic Corridors, at the request of the creator.
  • I didn't properly store player names for the voting hud, so if the person who started it left mid-vote you'd get an error message! Now properly checks for player.valid, stores the name for when the player leaves, and has a backup easter egg string if all these fail for whatever reason.
  • A kind of small, slightly secretive extra that unlocks on 100% completion. This is gamedata compatible, so if you've already gotten all emblems then you can go right for it!

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic. man, I forget about this site for a month and I find nothing but cool stuff everytime I come back.

Got a crash on the jello factory after my Armageddon Shield popped.
Landed on top of the dividing wall inside the garage you open by pressing the square button.

Can you add a button combination to go back to the hub world? Something like pause and then pressing custom 1?

A "back to hub" exit was planned mid-development, but since the emblems rely on checking player.exiting it'll make it easy to cheese the whole game that way.

Unless if there's a way to exit a level without making it triggering that...? But for now I suggest using "Play Without Saving" since emblems still get recorded, unless if you're going for lives/emeralds.

Last edited:
How about using G_ExitLevel? That just immediately takes you to the next map (or a specified map of your choice), and I don't think player.exiting is used at all unlike with P_DoPlayerExit. You can also skip the results screen with it if you like.

Last edited:
Am I the only one with serious framerate issues on Skytop Zone? it's dropping to single digits for me no matter what I do...

犬夜叉;784572 said:
SUGOI is now officially supported by the records site.
DSQJOL7.png

We've got a frame war going on in MAP06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back