If Sonic CD was on Nintendo Switch what do you want to see on it?

Removing the time travel completly defeat's the purpose of the game. Also, the chaos and sol emeralds? The time stones are enough, cuz you can probally make a pseudo-super sonic out of them. Like, sure, the chaos emeralds could maybe make sense, but the sol emeralds just woudnt work. It doesnt even make sense for both gameplay and the storie. Tails is a good example of this. In the 2011 port, Tails had no cutscenes of his own, and this was both good and bad. Bad because his playthrought became dull compared to sonic's, but it was also good because it wouldn't mess with the timeline (before anyone says "but it's just a remake, dumbass!", no one even knows what's f*cking canon in this timeline at this point).
Honestly they could pull a Mania Tails where he could get his super form with the regular Chaos Emeralds...

And yeah, canon makes no point in the serie anyway, they could even add Desert Dazzle as a bonus zone.

In pretty much every way. Game placement doesn't make sense, stuff is constantly removed from past stories, characters act weird sometimes, "YoU'rE tHaT sOnIc FrOm A dIfFeReNt DiMeNsIoN!".
I agree with that (even if time travel can interfere with the continuity).

But some retcons aren't too bad (like Super Tails not needing the Super Emeralds in Mania or the way Angel Island is shown in Adventure)

I agree with that (even if time travel can interfere with the continuity).

But some retcons aren't too bad (like Super Tails not needing the Super Emeralds in Mania or the way Angel Island is shown in Adventure)

I feel like Super Tails needing the Super Emeralds was really good when it came to his character. I recommend watching The Game Apologist's video on the topic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e57hCrWZKfM . Also, I never heard anything 'bout how Angel Island is represented in Adventure. Mind explaining?

I feel like Super Tails needing the Super Emeralds was really good when it came to his character. I recommend watching The Game Apologist's video on the topic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e57hCrWZKfM . Also, I never heard anything 'bout how Angel Island is represented in Adventure. Mind explaining?
I know but I think that Sega made the Super Emerald not canon (maybe because those were just a way to encourage people to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles rather than the two game separately).

Tails not having a super form may be fitting lore-wise as he's younger but gameplay-wise I still prefer to have the choice to get everyone super.

This is why I'm not a fan of the "only male hedgehog can turn super" mindset Sega had during the Adventure era.

That's probably the reason why I would've appreciated more that Amy could get some sort of Super form as well in SRB2.

As for Adventure's Angel Island it's about the fact that for example Ice Cap looked different (maybe SA1 was made as a soft-reboot).

I know but I think that Sega made the Super Emerald not canon (maybe because those were just a way to encourage people to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles rather than the two game separately).

I'm pretty sure the Super Emeralds were there to both expand the lore, and attract more people to the full package. Sega made the decision to get rid of them cuz Iizuka didn't (and still doesn't) like them.

Tails not having a super form may be fitting lore-wise as he's younger but gameplay-wise I still prefer to have the choice to get everyone super.

This is why I'm not a fan of the "only male hedgehog can turn super" mindset Sega had during the Adventure era.

That's probably the reason why I would've appreciated more that Amy could get some sort of Super form as well in SRB2.

Well, the gameplay has to be the best it can, so maybe abandoning the idea was for the better. Also, "only male hedgehog". I don't know why, but that's really funny to me.

As for Adventure's Angel Island it's about the fact that for example Ice Cap looked different (maybe SA1 was made as a soft-reboot).

Hmm, ok. I mean, alot of the modern games feel like a soft-reboot in certain aspects.

Just port the Mobile/Steam version and call it a day (even if I still miss Knuckles in it)

The three things i want to see are the unused extra boss from the 2011 port final fever

and r2 or desert dazzle in the game along with an extra use for the time stones besides good ending.

I'm sorry but this thread isn't really evolving... I mean Sega are the one to have the last word about it...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back