Patched! Presentation

Remember these guys?!

Moderator Notice:
Your nostalgia for this 2.1 content has nothing to do with this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw someone else mention that there's a ring model, so I went and looked and it looks like in models.dat, you have
Code:
RINV OBJE/RINV.md3 3.0 0.0
where you should have put
Code:
RING OBJE/TRNG.md3 3.0 0.0

Thought it was a bit weird that rings of all things weren't modelled.

I saw someone else mention that there's a ring model, so I went and looked and it looks like in models.dat, you have
Code:
RINV OBJE/RINV.md3 3.0 0.0
where you should have put
Code:
Thought it was a bit weird that rings of all things weren't modelled.

Rings Model is a user's choice if you want to add it to your game or not. Jeck said this on the 2.1 models forum

I know it's a bit late but is that Sonic R style character select screen a part of a mod or just a mock up?

hey, since XSonic has been released, i would like to see how his model would look like.
i already know is probably going to be the same Sonic used for Vanilla Sonic, but with some changes in animations.
or maybe a model similar to the one appearing on Sonic Z-treme

hey, since XSonic has been released, i would like to see how his model would look like.
i already know is probably going to be the same Sonic used for Vanilla Sonic, but with some changes in animations.
or maybe a model similar to the one appearing on Sonic Z-treme
It's probably me but I think that X-treme Sonic's model is a bit too "round" for the low-poly MD2

It's probably me but I think that X-treme Sonic's model is a bit too "round" for the low-poly MD2

to make you understand, even Vanilla sonic is quite "roundy", while the model is not, so I see no problems.
in addition Z-treme uses a customized Sonic model taken from Sonic R, which can work

Excited to play these with the new Mac 2.2.4 update... I am trying. How do you enter Open GL mode?

I'm trying to follow the OP and what I can gather from the thread. I've put the files in as both m2.dat and models.dat. I'm using tilde to open the console and type in gr_models on.

EDIT — Deleted old model/folder and replaced. Works now. Amazing. So stoked to play them.

Last edited:
Excited to play these with the new Mac 2.2.4 update... I am trying. How do you enter Open GL mode?

I'm trying to follow the OP and what I can gather from the thread. I've put the files in as both m2.dat and models.dat. I'm using tilde to open the console and type in gr_models on.

EDIT — Deleted old model/folder and replaced. Works now. Amazing. So stoked to play them.

They're fun! They elevate the game for me, imo, to appear beyond a Doom mod and really feel like a lost SEGA Saturn Sonic game.

You can also have 3D rings and such if you like by adding them into the models.dat file by opening it as a .txt file. All you have to do is add the following to the script:

Not for everyone, but a fun addition.

--

My only issue with this mod is that the framerate tanks a bit, especially in huge levels like Castle Eggman. Any workarounds for these issues?

The framerate tanks the hardest when rendering the spikeballs in Castle Eggman; is it possible to turn those off individually?

You know I did just notice the drops but I'm still just amazed the CEZ platforms aren't disappearing anymore.

Thanks SOAP, I'll add the 3D rings! I definitely agree that the poly Saturn models enhance the experience, as nice as the sprites are, it just really completes the lost Sonic version of Mario 64 feel.

Back