• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dirk's Studio of Spriting and other things

Huh yeah. Thats true.

Other than that its looking great dirk. I hope to see this little doggo in the future :)

did someone say doggo?!
I love these types of characters, they always seem to add something special to the table
(also, huskies are adorable, pugs are nice too)

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20017.png
    srb20017.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 2,774
Yeah, definitely makes a change from hedgehogs, cats, foxes etc.

It looks so good, keep it up! I think I have a problem with that tuft of hair at the front in that sprite, it looks bigger and/or looks odd than the tuft in your current avatar/icon and that idle sprite but that's probably just me.

Damnit Dirk, you stole my idea of making a Husky Character...but i can still make it...

Nice looking Sprites Dirk! I definetly want to see how he plays in the future.

Good news, this project isn't dead yet. I was just waiting for a day to post some previews. And that day is today! Showing of 4 screenshots and a GIF showing off Dirk's primary ability; Ice platforms! Sprite shown off in GIF is a placeholder and coding for it all done by Lach!

Also, you wanna know why today is special? Because it's my Birthday!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More to come soon!

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 2,638
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    248.3 KB · Views: 2,477
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 2,424
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 2,410
  • srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 2,748
Sprites look amazing, New ablity is awesome and SUBRASHII is realased on your birthday! Happy bday bro!

Wow

After i feel excited that SUBARASHII just released, Dirk just gave me a feeling that is farther beyond then excited.

Happy Birthday Dirk and Hope that you keep on working on this character!

Wow, lucky. I wish cool things released on my birthday :7

Just kidding lol. Nice to see the progress you've made on snoggo in such hella cool environments. Happyip birday, too.

attachment.php

While I'm working on Dirk, here's a sneak peak of the MB release of Steaming Towers, which will be easier and less cheap for Sonic players.

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    268 KB · Views: 2,113
  • srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 2,125
Last edited:
I really look forward to your Mario, I remember way back in the old days people were trying to sprite their own but never got far. Along with that, I also had the idea for a Mario with a SM64 like playstyle but it looks like you beat me to the punch, then again all I had was a concept and nothing more.

if only dirk's ice was useless in RVZ

nice progress, dirko! Whether I knew about it or not prior to the consumption of this post does not affect the quality of my compliment in any way!

Last edited:
I'm still not dead, I really don't have anything in mind for character projects. I'm still don't know if I'm going back to working on Mario, so I apologize to people who were expecting me to get back to work on him after finish Dirk. Besides from that, I'm spriting many other things like the Phantom Ruby, giving the sprite mania and infinite vibes. Anyone can use it for their things.

attachment.php

Anyways, stay tuned for more things that are coming in the future.

Attachments

• PhantomRuby.gif
    PhantomRuby.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 2,377
Remade Chaos Emerald sprites.

attachment.php

They're being part of a graphics mod that I've been working on recently.

Attachments

• srb20035.png
    srb20035.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,753
Rip mario. You've been replaced by a orange and stubborn Dragon.

Sprite look great as usual Dirk-boi!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back