Resource icon

Greenflower Plains level mod

Hello, I am uploading my very first level mod on the message boards, it is called GreenFlower Plains. Its a fairly short level but it has plenty of level gimmicks and secrets to find. Because this is my first level for SRB2, I would appreciate if there was some feedback for it.

Have fun!

Attachments

• srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 435
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 375
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    3 MB · Views: 312
  • srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 265
  • S_Greenflowerplains_v1.0.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
Okay, let's get started!

Let's be honest. We all started somewhere. Everyone has their first level.

The first thing that is noticed is that there is no music at the level.

Why is this pit needed?
attachment.php

Small mistake
attachment.php

Okay, now in general. Your level is too high, square and empty.

attachment.php

There are a lot of badniks at the level.

HELP ME, AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
attachment.php

You can put the "Float" flag on the rings so that they float in the air.
attachment.php

Did you go through the whole game? Have you played Challenge Stages? Were you able to complete the Aerial Garden Zone? Because at your level almost the same mistake - Too hard platforming.

You don't need to use such fast and small platforms.
attachment.php

I could not complete your level with Sonic.
attachment.php

Also, some things are at the wrong angle. For example, checkpoints. I died and started at checkpoint, but somehow I look back

attachment.php

And the finish plate.
attachment.php

I am very glad that people still come to the srb2 community and create content. I hope you can improve your skills! Good luck!

Attachments

• srb20193.gif
    srb20193.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,420
  • srb20195.gif
    srb20195.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,395
  • srb20200.gif
    srb20200.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,338
  • srb20128.jpg
    srb20128.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 2,275
  • srb20204.gif
    srb20204.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,323
  • srb20199.gif
    srb20199.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 2,311
  • srb20196.gif
    srb20196.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 2,346
  • srb20198.gif
    srb20198.gif
    3 MB · Views: 2,304
  • srb20206.gif
    srb20206.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,184
Gotta say, I'm at least impressed you did a couple challenging bits.
Having platforms on top of water, or so many independedly moving platforms.
That's at least slightly more advanced stuff for a first level.

But yeah, one important thing to learn, one thing I'm still struggling with myself, getting an instinct for how fast the characters move. The platforms are really small, which isn't fun when playing with super fast characters. The moving platforms on the pit, with the enemies included, is enough of a challenge as it is without super precision jumping.

I played through the level myself and i thought it was okay but now i see i was judging it based on my skill level. When I played it I thought it was too easy so I made the platforms smaller because i thought players would blaze through it.

Sonic robo blast 2 initially does not fit the "precise platforming" concept. while playing the vanilla version, you may notice that there are very few platforming moments in the game. especially moving. еhe levels are focused on an open area where you can run well.

I was playing a lot of crash bandicoot to give me ideas on what to do and i looked at the way its levels worked and because i never made a level before I used that as a template because it seemed easy to set up like that. SRB2 levels are speedy and I wasn't sure how to do that. I'm still learning.

using a different game as a template for a DIFFERENT game is not a very good decision. to be more precise, it needs to be ADAPTED for SRB2.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back