Stop peeing on my childhood, Cartoon Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Just saw the ad for the first time, what the HELL did they do to Bugs? Daffy looked okay, but...

Its not just about technical achievement, its about charm. The graphics in that video are impressive, but there is a certain simplicity and playfulness that are pretty much needed to make Roadrunner and Coyote work. Pixar--and potentially Disney Animation Studios if they continue to shape up--is the only studio I know capable of pulling that off. Rango does not appear to have that charm, but I've yet to see anything from Pixar without it (that includes the Cars Toons).

So did anyone catch the season premiere? It's basically Regular Show with a Looney Tunes skin.

In other words, what we all feared. I'm afraid to say that I would rather watch Loonatics. At least there were stories there instead of characters talking and nothing more. The overtly sexual Elmer Fudd obsession with grilled cheese seemed to fill this episode's void for the Family Guy-esque jokes.

It doesn't help when the characters do not act like themselves at all, nor do they sound as they should.

I really don't like much children tv shows passed off today, Cartoon Network delivers some of the worst crap I ever seen. The only cartoons on cartoon network I'll actually watch are Regular Show and sometimes Total Drama(It's statring to get really old).

Well i've only caught the first two episodes of this, and I don't think its actually that bad, its a lot better then half the crap cartoonnetwork has been doing. most of the voices for the characters are pretty good, and a bit of the humor is okay, some of the humor though really seems like its trying to hard at points, but other then that its an okay show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back