Resource icon

[Open Assets] Play Multiplayer Special Stages in Singleplayer 2021-07-29

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

EeveeEuphoria

a pikachu irl
Shocked that this wasn't a thing yet!
This is a similar take on Play NiGHTS Special Stages in Co-op, except now you play the Multiplayer Stages in Singleplayer, just like the pre-v2.1 days in a way.

Attachments

• srb20230.png
    srb20230.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 745
  • srb20233.png
    srb20233.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 952
  • VS_MPSpecialStagesinSP-v1.zip
    218 bytes · Views: 2,117
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! Put it in Miscellaneous since it is a SOC and not actually containing levels in itself.

birbhouse said:
Shocked that this wasn't a thing yet!
That's cuz it doesn't need to be. The other script is the only way to play NiGHTS with multiple people, but you can create a server of your own and play the MP SSs alone that way.

Still good that this was made, though. I'll use this and the custom savedata to not have to play the NiGHTS special stages ever again. :)

Why the hell isn't this an option in vanilla singleplayer? I would much rather play the multiplayer special stages than the NiGHTS stages. Idunno whose decision it was, but not everyone's gonna like NiGHTS.

Well, not everyone liked the maze, half-pipe, or Blue Sphere either, I'm sure.

Either way, it is how it is.

I don't see how amy is supposed to be able to beat MP Special Stage 7 on her own...??

Like look I get you're proud of how you coded the NiGHTS stages, but there's gonna be lots of people who just can't jive with that gameplay style and would rather have another option. So hopefully you do that in a future update.

I think he's saying people are not going to like NiGHTS in their Sonic fangame, not because of the Sonic fangame.

Though to be brutally frank, you're not wrong either. I really tried to like these Special Stages and I even got all of the in-map emblems (except for Black Hole) and a bunch of A-Ranks and Time Emblems. But I didn't have any fun doing that so even though I never touched it, nuts to playing NiGHTS ever.

I think he's saying people are not going to like NiGHTS in their Sonic fangame, not because of the Sonic fangame.

Though to be brutally frank, you're not wrong either. I really tried to like these Special Stages and I even got all of the in-map emblems (except for Black Hole) and a bunch of A-Ranks and Time Emblems. But I didn't have any fun doing that so even though I never touched it, nuts to playing NiGHTS ever.
I'm not a NiGHTS recordist either, and I don't think I'd ever like to be. I just want to do my best, fly around the course and get the job done. (Even if I'm good at its playstyle.)

(Trust me, Egg Satellite made me ENRAGED when I was beating 2.2 the first time with the Chaos Emeralds. I don't even expect myself to lay a finger on Black Hole for being seemingly even harder as they say. I may even try since I'm getting the hang of ES with the power of braking. I'm still glad I succumbed to SRB2 on the 2.1 days.)

Last edited:
I find the NiGHTS levels really fun, and I don't get why people are saying Egg Satellite is hard. It just takes skill and precision, but SS5 and SS6 definetely take those too. With SS6 you have to do a super (background) paraloop to get enough spheres before the egg capsule, which at first I didn't know, so I kinda just failed the first time. But now I got an A! Egg Satellite A is easy, you just have to like beat the level without getting hit too many times, which is sorta easy once you get a hang of it.

Now ALPINE PARADISE is an example of a not fun NiGHTS stage... as someone else said, it's spaghetti. I'd never play it unless I need to. Also Black Hole is very hard.

I'm not a NiGHTS recordist either, and I don't think I'd ever like to be. I just want to do my best, fly around the course and get the job done. (Even if I'm good at its playstyle.)

(Trust me, Egg Satellite made me ENRAGED when I was beating 2.2 the first time with the Chaos Emeralds. I don't even expect myself to lay a finger on Black Hole for being seemingly even harder as they say. I may even try since I'm getting the hang of ES with the power of braking. I'm still glad I succumbed to SRB2 on the 2.1 days.)
Me too man, me too.

Egg Satellite's worst section is the spinning laser part. It spins so fast that its timing is unnecessarily bullshit to read. Even when you do figure it out, the margin for error is still unreasonably high. Everything else in the level is either fine or just obnoxious.

Unironically, though? I'd rather keep playing NiGHTs. MP Special Stage 7 is objectively the worst experience I've ever had.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back