Rebound Dash - experimental Sonic ability

[Open Assets] Rebound Dash - experimental Sonic ability v15.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I don't quite remember since it was a few months ago and I lost the files. It was a lot of fiddling around with sonic 3 sound effects in FL studio and EQing parts of the different sounds until it sounded good.

I'm asking because I attempted to recreate the sound effects in higher quality for myself, as they sound a bit muffled to me.

Last edited:
Just went back and found the sounds that I used - they're all just combined sounds from srb2.pk3

Bounce
DSS3K96
DSS3K49
DSS3K82

Dash
DSS3K47
DSCDFM16
DSS23C

After playing around with this for many multiple games I think I can comfortably say I prefer this to thok. Really fun and better gives the effect of pinballing Sonic around in the air.

updated to v11
- Added cool spin trail
- Adjusted rebound: more height, no more control lock recoil, less wall thrust
- Minor visual adjustments

The height gain on wallbounce as Super Sonic in v11 is a little bit ridiculous.

I do love the rebound dash, though. Thanks for the update.

srb20144.gif

v13

- You can bash gargoyles and other pushable objects with the dash
- Fixed some cacti being reboundable
- Sorta fixed wallspikes

v14
- Added a new linedef special, 998, which lets mappers add horizontal boost walls
- Added a new linedef special, 997, which lets mappers add vertical boost walls. Use it on fast-scrolling wall conveyor belts!
- Adjusted bounce physics vs bosses (more vertical, less horizontal). This should make it easier to combo them with 2 rebounds

Last edited:
Question from new character creator: Can we use separate LUA files like this one and put them in our character?

Krabs updated Rebound Dash with a new update entry:

v15

- Added a challenge map: Rebound Training Zone. Test your skills and check out some of the level design potential!
- Increased Sonic's actionspd to 50
- Increased rebound height off walls
- Increased second bounce height multiplier
- Increased the amount of speed retained after rebounding off of a badnik
- Decreased Super Sonic's dash & rebound multiplier
- Restored Super Sonic's ability to float with the spin button
- Added new visual & sound effects to indicate that a second dash is ready...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've seen something kinda similar to these Thok-Replacing abilities in the v2.3 Leak Gifs. And this one fixes a problem the Thok had: Being stuck on walls. The Thok was only to just have some impulse and helping on Momentum. This helps for that and too for example: Y'know that hidden GFZ Boss on ERZ2 Disco area? Yeah. I'm kinda talking 'bout that. When i've accidentally thok there. This would help me to get back to the disco pillars. I've don't have nothing to think to say more about this.

Those jumps in the training map involving the energy walls are way too precise! I still don't know what I did differently that got me to jump far enough, it felt random. Also there's a room of rotating platforms, and one of them crushed me. There's no checkpoints in this map so I had to start over! Here's a recreation (minus the time I would have had)

Attachments

• srb20311.gif
    srb20311.gif
    2 MB · Views: 77
I will endlessly love how this ability actually has physics and requires even a bit of strategy and it's not just "Sonic hit wall, jump high"
Example:

Attachments

• giphy.mp4
    23.5 MB
Can't believe I waited this long to try this, really fun to play with and a good way to balance Sonic for Ringslinger and Circuit modes.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back