Need help with making an SRB2 Kart addon

Metaman

So I'm attempting to make my very first addon for SRB2 Kart and I need to know some things about making addons. I've been using audacity to make the sound files and I'm using the Kartmaker tool and its templates to help me, and paint.net to edit the actual sprites. Making these looked incredibly daunting at first, but poking around in the forums and wiki, as well as seeing the vanilla character files opened in slade, has helped a bit more.

I know there's the tutorial for the base game srb2 for custom characters, most of which I could apply to making the kart, but there isn't any clear-cut tutorial specifically for srb2 kart addon making. So, I have some things I'm unsure about, such as:

-what effects need to be on each sound file like echo, fade-out, etc. and values if needed
-general volume mixing of each sound to not be too loud or too quiet for the game
-how to name each file so they work properly/how many are needed to have complete sound
-where to put colors on the character to have the "palette swap" (is it related to the shades of green on the kart?) like how the vanilla characters look when you open their sprite files in slade.

this is the very first time I've ever tried to make a wad/pk3/addon/whatever. I've never used slade or the kartmaker tool, and I've never touched doom engine modding (wadding?) before this. But, I would like to learn it so I can have another creative outlet and to dip my hands in modding.

I've never used kartmaker tool, but i know how to use Slade. The sound effects for super need to have an echo like the others, if you can do soo. I don't know either how you should name the sounds but you can check out other character add-ons just to see how they rename their sounds on the S_SKIN text. You just grab an character for kart and drag it on Slade, it should Open an tab where you can see the character (but don't rename them like they are in the other characters. The game will accidentaly load the sound files and make the other character sound like yours, if you load your wad after) The palete needs to be between 160-175 for your character to change colors (or by other words, paint it green in where you want it to be the color changable) The sprites should look like they have an green color selected in-game. And if doesn't look like you imagined, Its ok, Its your first time modding. Everyone starts by doing something. Hope this helped.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back