How do I get a game advertised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad9005

hey this is my first thread so i'm wording how to get a game on the master sever without all the cuffull with unknowen things can any one help me

Just turn the option "advertise server(or something like that)" to "yes" when you are going to host a game.

i downloaded the port fowerder thing and it dose noth have my router

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

hi agian just updated i have fowerded the ports but it is still not working

Do you mean PFConfig? If so, then you are right. PFConfig does not have ALL routers but it indeed has many. If you want to forward your ports, then do it manually.

Download the PFPortchecker and check PORT 5029 with PROTOCOL UDP. If it says "Your port is NOT OPEN or is NOT REACHABLE!" then you have done it the wrong way. If you cannot do it, please download PFConfig or simply buy it. (You need a static IP by the way. DO NOT BUY A STATIC IP.)

...You don't need a static IP to host games on SRB2. You don't actually need a static IP to host anything, really.

The FAQ lies. Lies. I have fixed this item in the FAQ.

Fawfulfan: You missed the link that says "Click here to skip this advertisement". Ctrl + F for it.

Last edited:
The static ip for the router is needed if you have a router that has a dynamic default (I believe some Linksys routers are like this). On these types of routers it will work for hosting for a while, but after some period of time, the ip for the router will change and you won't be able to host. Setting up a static ip will help you not have to configure the router to host the game again.

The site works fine for forwarding posts. For some reason it now advertises some program that you don't need. You can skip the advertisement and go straight to the helpful instructions.

We might have to find a different site that doesn't have these ads.

EDIT: this seems good. http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-Port-Forwarding-on-a-Router

Last edited:
and my router is tp-link

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

update--- torgo i use the link u put in but it is still not working

You are not the only one with these problems. I to have tried and I still can't host. By the way I have a belkin G router.
Strange. I haven't even forwarded my ports and yet some people can join sometimes.

Last edited:
The problem I had is when I tried to port forward I did it from the wrong pc in my house (on your pc, you choose which pc to forward from, and you must choose your own). That could be it.

I can host now. I finally forwarded my ports, but on the srb2 master server page it doesn't display any info other than my ip address and my servers name. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back