srb3 fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne

The following couple of quotes are from the forum for a sonic fangame called sonic arena 2, and someone was announcing a srb3

Yea... SRB3... It's coming... so SRB3 and SRB3Xtra are being made and are almost done... I am project manager for the 2D part of the compilation... Mine is SRB3-2D or Project Shadow TM (oh yea, respect the TM... the name belongs to me)...

For those that don't like SRB2... don't post here I don't want to here your opinion or your hatred of the game... this is just a promo post... If you really feel that an opposing post should be made, then make a different thread and quote me on what I said that you don't like...

Okay... this is the basis of the game... Sonic based(of course)... but mine has guest characters from random games that me and the others in the SRB3 Team like, such as Kyogre or Typhlosion from Pokemon... but its not just pokemon... there is so much more... but currently I am working on the sprites for the Pokemon that were chosen for this game... I know some people play many diverse games so there WILL be many inside jokes put into the game that are from the SRB3 Team's day to day life...

Subject change... I've finished the basic ending for the game so far with the mapping and the bosses... but the str and def of the bosses has to be tested... cause I think they are to weak... But on that note some of the quests need to be fine tuned plus I need more brains so that they can tell me if I'm being to redundant...

I've made some of the items but most of them are too advanced for the beginning.. there are spells that I have made that are the basic spells for the whole game... although more spells WILL be made... obviously... The spells that each of the 4 classes that I chose to do(haven't thought of any other classes yet) are set to each classes because of the element God that they have in there specific class(sorry for using Gods in the game... if you have a certain religion, please forgive me... the dark side has cookies, I couldn't resist)... I kinda used some spells from the FF games and there are some that I'm still debating on, but there acceptance depends on how they will effect the balance of the levels...

Obviously with the diversity of gamers in this world I could also use some more brains to help come up with more classes in the game...the 4 that I have are way to bland, so i need at least 6 before the game gets released...

OK this is the part of my post where I honorably bow down to those that have better game making skills then me... I am asking for anyone that is honestly good at mapping, spriting, making (items, spells, equips, etc.), thinking of good quests, Good ideas for NPCs(for quests, shops, friendly, enemy, etc.), and I'm not sure if I will need it... but I might need help with scripting... The reason I need so much help is because the other 4 members of our team, are needed to make SRB3 and everything that is needed for SRB3... So I was left with the task of making SRB3-2D all by myself... the only person in the team that has helped me at all was SonicHog... but that only lasted so long(He is scripting an AI for a Boss on SRB3 as I type this)...

So... the current staff is:

1) Creators
SRB3 Team(Mainly me(Shadowhog) and SonicHog)

2) Mappers

VaIrd

So consider this... my request for anyone that wants to help to post an example of what they do best(Print Screen) or what they want to help with, posted here for me to see... or if your shy about others seeing it... then PM it to me... Those that I think have great talent in what they do... will get a PM from me requesting help from them... And those that help will get credit where credit is do(name in credits for work that was done)... Thanks for reading!

a mod later locked the topic due to lack of proof, later, the following post accured

As you all may have heard that rumors about SRB3 being made let me just give you a little advice. Yes Sonic Robo Blast 3 is being made and yes Sonic Team Jr. is constantly changing with many new members and many old ones leaving us. The point I'm trying to make is that we have been thinking about making a 3rd installment to the game for a long time and also were thinking about taking out the custom/level editing which we included in the Second game since this IS THE INTERNET and alot of people chose to steal our Ideas/Games and take credit for them. This is upsetting yes, but it is also understandable since this is a Fan-Made game meant to enjoyed by the fans.

In the case of ShadowHog, Yes he is part of our team and making a game that has the title SRB3 Project Shadow because it is his 1st game and it going to be in the canon story line. The second version is Project Metal Sonic which will retain its 3d qualities as SRB2 but with cleaner graphics. So give ShadowHog a break.

On the side note ShadowHog and I (SonicHog) are NOT I repeat NOT the same person I get tired of people saying that. If you see the two of us next to each other you wouldn't get us mixed up again.

In conclusion the world or the Internet is growing each and every day with more and more information, but that leaves us (the readers) to take into account what is real and what is something you would tell your mother to not get in trouble(for those who didn't get that I'm talking about a LIE). If you can not prove or disprove somthing leave the situation be and move on with your wonderful lives and enjoy them.

Also please try not to shoot down ShadowHog (as much) as I do that on all the time and thats my job to make his life hell.

If any more problems occur Myself and the rest of Sonic Team Jr could just keep the game to ourselves and call it a day, but I wouldn't believe that would be fair since it is Fan-Game made for you the fans to enjoy.

-SonicHog

which I myself responded to the following way

Every bit of this post is complete and total BULL CRAP! It is obvious that you are shadowhog, you are impersonating sonic team junior, stealing the sonic robo blast series, and trying to pretend to be someone else in order to make it look like you were in the right and wrongfully punished. If it is srb3, why is it here and not on stjr's forums? I will give you a fair way and I shall copy/paste this onto the stjr forums and see what they say. they already stated themselves that srb3 will NOT happen, anyway

and what is the answer?

I would kindly like a link to the appropriate topic/whatever so I can go rant at them for impersonating the team I am a part of.

EDIT: Nevermind, found 'em myself. Appropriate rant incoming.

Last edited:
There is no SRB3 currenly planned by STJr. Also, this is hardly the first time we've had someone try to mooch off of our popularity. It happens, lets not dwell over it.

I would like to take this time to use stronger language than FuriousFox did on this.

There is not and never WILL be a Sonic Robo Blast 3. No matter how many times people keep suggesting this, it's never going to happen. We've been working on SRB2 for 11 years, and it's still not done. We are not ever going to be making a sequel.

If you EVER see anyone say there is an SRB3 made by any person, they're lying and you should troll them to oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back