• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Greenflower Ruins Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Well... My second mod, Greenflower Ruins Zone, is complete. My first mod has not been posted yet for the fact that it isn't complete, and was built originally for 1.09, and hasn't been converted yet. It will be released soon. I have no idea how the releases system works, so I'm posting it here in hopes of feedback and a releases explanation. So, here it is:

Snip! See bottom post.

Screenshots to come; how do I set up quicksave?
Thanks!

Whoa... Thanks a lot, verifiaman! I feel really good about myself now! And the speed of replies... Thanks a lot!
=D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D =D

verifiaman said:
dude that was amazing!
I just have to agree with verifiaman, this level is HUGE!
That's the thing like about this level, it is big, filled with items and enemies for challenge.
I cant really say much of how to make it better, I like it this way.

Wow... I must say, I was pretty nervous about releasing it. I didn't know what people would think, if I wouold get banned for not knowing how the release system worked, and posting the release here... I'm now pretty confident that it would get passed judging, if someone would explain it.......................................................................... PLEASE!!!

EDIT: I wasn't planning on changing it anyway, but the praise seals it!

This is not a good level. Effort was definitely put in, but it simply wasn't good.

-The song doesn't fit.
-A majority of the time, spring and currents do the work for you.
-There's little amount of replay value. Make different paths.
-A large size filled with enemies. Bad idea.
-Try to keep the ruins theme consistent.
-Make more gimmicks.

This level deserves a 2/10. It's nice to see that you at least tried, though.

Luminous said:
This is not a good level. Effort was definitely put in, but it simply wasn't good.

-The song doesn't fit.
-A majority of the time, spring and currents do the work for you.
-A large size filled with enemies. Bad idea.
-Try to keep the ruins theme consistent.
-Make more gimmicks.

This level deserves a 2/10. It's nice to see that you at least tried, though.

-Type tunes 1
-Currents? I didn't see any. D:

Though, I agree with the ruins theme. Maybe make the zoom tube area in the ruins the place where you start the next level. And the next level would be the desert themed place.

Autosaver said:
-Type tunes 1

The music should be enjoyable and relevant to the level's theme on startup, we shouldn't have to manually type out a command every single time we start the level up.

Well, at least my effort was credited. I still like verifiaman's post, though. And I truly love that spacey electric guitar. I showed a couple of friends and they liked the background buildings. They also loved the level.

I, personally, like using springs for direction. It gives it an SA2B feel, my favorite game!!! So does the music.

Did you find the... Three Super Rings? Two Extra Lives? One Elemental Shield? Without looking at the map in SRB2DB or whatever you use?!?!

Alright, I see you acknowledged that you know about the releases system and that you didn't understand it, so I'm not going to berate you for that. ;P

http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=14233 < This explains how it works. If you need a summary, it basically works like this:
Post topic
Wait for Judges to play your work
After they play your work, it will either be moved to an appropriate subforum, or moved to Trash with a PM sent to you as to why it was moved there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back