Is SRB2 Ventrilo still active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiro Starr

Hey guys, Keiro here. Been taking a break for a while. I came back today and I can't find the SRB2 Ventrilo post. Is it still operational or did you call it quits on that?

I shut it down about a month ago or so. Hardly anyone used it anyways. You are the first one to notice this. :)

I'll bring it back up if people decide to use it again.

Ooh, ooh, me! I wanna go on Vent again. That was fun! I really had a blast netgaming, playing music, and generally hanging out in voice chat (and it also invited some spin-off activities like remote desktop sessions).

Sonict, can you be a little less emo this time about the Vent server not getting much use? ;P

Ventrillo is basically used for voice chat. We had a Ventrillo server up so people could voice chat, play music through their computer and whatnot.

Maybe we could try something to get more people to use the voice chat again.

It would also be nice if you use Mumble instead of Ventrilo, because I would like to be able to do the voice chat without it crashing every other time, AND I wouldn't have to use Wine...

Man, I remember long ago, randomly asking members on #srb2fun to go on the Vent, I usually saw FoxBlitzz there the most.

I think I might go on again some time in the near future, If it's still up by then.

I've been on it once or twice, but could never get my microphone working, so instead I played random music on my HD. :|

I went to the chat when I was like 8. I quickly got muted though...
Never count how many wads you have out loud. :)

I was actually hoping that after SRB2 v2.0, Vent was going to be used again, shame that didn't happen... (Or did it? Bah, it's been awhile.)

I would really like to see Vent again. Even if I must remain alone in it at times.

It didn't really work out, SonicX8000. However, there is hope soon. If you guys can at least wait a month or so (I can't see why you wouldn't...) TeamSpeak 3 (Yes, you heard me!) will have a public beta beginning on December 19th! Now, since that is so close to XMAS, I will try and get it running on SRB2.org before I leave for the last 2 weeks of Decemeber if I can.

I'm somehow not excited, Sonict.

What's so bad about using Mumble? There ARE people who aren't under Windows who are willing to use this, you know. And I'd rather not use beta software, especially knowing that a beta will be the server.

Mumble has horrible administration in which you need to set up all of this extra stuff before you can even administer it since it can use DBus or ICE. Teamspeak 3 won't need any of that **** and it has a mac and linux client as well. I kinda doubt the beta software is going to go boom. They have been working on this client for a few years already. I am pretty sure most of the major bugs are fixed. Text chat is another thing, but Mumble 1.2.0 seems to have improved on that as well. Either way, December or January will be when I bring it back up.

Exactly. And considering all of the time and apparently how quickly new alpha patches come out for the current TS3 testers, I can't see the beta having too many major issues. If the beta was broken, they wouldn't bother releasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back