Ultimate Flash Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBreada

Also known as David G.
Ultimate Flash Sonic is a fan-game, that is short but pretty faithful to the series.

Just wanted to know your opinions on it.

By the way, 2014 is that fangame's 10-year anniversary!

I never understood the appeal of that game to be honest. As I recall it had a couple of level design rips from Sonic advance 2. The physics are a bit off in places, and contains music rips are pretty mediocre. To top it off, it had 2 levels in the game. Overall it feels like an incomplete mediocre fangame.

Last edited:
I do have to agree with Torgo on that matter. The only reason I ever played it was due to the fact that it had cheat codes that you could use to play with Shadow and "Blue Knuckles."

I know, but Ultimate Flash Sonic is a quick way to kill a day if you're bored as fuck.

So is Sonic Robo Blast 2, Sonic Before the Sequel, Sonic AFTER the Sequel; Hell, why not any other sonic game?

The only argument is that UFS is a Flash game played inside a browser. Most computers have Flash Player, so it's an open choice compared to the listed games like that, as they require downloading.

Though, it's not hard to play something like... well, Sonic Advance, inside a browser. Websites exist that are literally online emulators, so it's possible to play Megadrive, NES, TurboGrafx, GBA, etc. on any computer that has or can run Java.

Back in 2004, sure, UFS was a nice little homage, and a good choice to break the dull boredom of a school day in that off chance you had a computer class, or free time involving computers, but in 2014, there's no point in playing it when you can play all three of the games that inspired said Flash game... and were better because they were the originator of it altogether.

To add on to what UltimaXtreme says, there are websites that allow you to play DooM or Quake on browser, without downloads.

I once played Ultimate Flash Sonic, and from what I remember, I didn't like it much. The controls were pretty bad, and the mere 'essence' of the game was repulsive. However, it could be a good thing to play when in the mood to play something really, really bad. Then again, there is always srb1.

I know, but Ultimate Flash Sonic is a quick way to kill a day if you're bored as fuck.

It's been ages since I played that game, but doesn't it have, like, 4 distinct levels? I mean, I remember thinking that it was fun at the time, but I think I spent a maximum of, like, 40 minutes on it before getting bored.

Anyways, it was kind of neat that we were able to put a pretty decent Sonic game into the Flash format back in the day, so it has some merit.

I do have to agree with Torgo on that matter. The only reason I ever played it was due to the fact that it had cheat codes that you could use to play with Shadow and "Blue Knuckles."

Blue Knuckles ? I don't remember that.

Ultimate Flash Sonic is one of the better sonic fangames from the past, it feels almost like a game of the advance series(exept with less moves) and has missing invinciblity frames.

It is literally just a low quality rip and redesign of various Sonic Advance 2 sprites for two levels, and it can't even do that right (rails are just solid red lines). It isn't good in any way.
I could just as easily find another good completed sonic fangame online, maybe one that's actually an interesting idea instead of "Part of Sonic Advance 2 made by a college kid for a project", or hell, I could even just buy Sonic Advance 2, it's pretty easy to find for around $5 and is actually a pretty fun game.

(rails are just solid red lines)

I will give Flash Sonic credit for having rail mechanics ahead of its time. In that game, if you land anywhere on a rail, you'll start grinding on it, whereas in the actual Sonic Advance 2, you have to land on a flat beginning section of a rail to start grinding. Which is totally confusing and led to more than one lost life, which is why Sonic Advance 3 does exactly what Ultimate Flash Sonic did.

Which is totally confusing and led to more than one lost life, which is why Sonic Advance 3 does exactly what Ultimate Flash Sonic did.

No, Sonic Advance 3 does what was the proper thing to do. It has nothing to do with Flash Sonic. There are lots of things Flash Sonic does stupidly as well (Jumping even when you're spinning or spindashing, constantly rebounding off walls even when right next to them, etc). It just isn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back