Mysteries Zone - Chapter one

Mysteries Zone - Chapter one 1.3

yfyfyfyfyfy

The dumbest man
Hello! I would like to present to you a demo level from the lvl pack, which I am planning to make.

attachment.php

The action takes place in the best zone (it's joke, hah) in the game - the Azure Temple.

attachment.php

This level is relatively linear, it has puzzles and tricks. There are 4 emblems on it, some of them are very difficult to pick up.

attachment.php

The main purpose of posting a level is to get feedback. I think what I have done is terrible. But maybe it can be saved? How long did you go through the first time?

attachment.php

I recommend playing in software mode. Also, I recommend disabling sound commenting, hud (F3) and FPS counter. This will help you immerse yourself in the atmosphere.
And yes - go to the sign at the beginning of the level! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can complete this level.

WARNING! SINGLEPLAYER ONLY!

attachment.php

This level is for demonstration purposes. I plan to make four such levels for four characters (Sonic, Amy, Metal Sonic and Fang). But the creation of one level took too long, and I decided to lay out the first level.
I confess I don't like what I did. It seems to me that it is too complicated, and most importantly, too cramped. I don't know if I will continue to make this pack on the condition that it took so long. I did one level for 4 months! That's horrible! Although, this is probably due to the fact that I alone did it.

Attention! Spoilers! I hope you have completed the level before reading.

I wanted to make the main feature - a teleport to other zones, but at the current level I got it just disgusting. I do not know how to do ACZ. I know he looks terrible.

- Firs Release

- Fix sign

Now this is the "First chapter"

- Improved tooltip with three statues
- Removed unnecessary information that was associated with the second act
- Fixed the moments in which the player got stuck
- Minor changes

Many thanks to the RU community for testing and suffering! Special thanks to Dead for the spell checker and Ketchup for his great contributions in correcting errors.

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb20166.jpg
    srb20166.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 5,842
  • srb20167.jpg
    srb20167.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 5,879
  • srb20168.jpg
    srb20168.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 5,506
  • srb20169.jpg
    srb20169.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 5,482
  • srb20170.jpg
    srb20170.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 5,453
  • s_mysterieszonedemo_v1.2.pk3
    2.6 MB · Views: 322
Last edited by a moderator:
why the hell did my prompt break? just took it and broke. and there is no way to fix it. only recreating helped. ah, version 1.1 is out because it's an important hint.

srb20000.png

What should I do in this room? I did not find any clues or something like that I was there for hours checking if there was something hidden....

I finally made it!

Wow... this level it's amazing! I really like the invisible walls that changes the level! I actually like this aquatic level!

The level design is fine, mixing platforming and puzzles that makes you go back if you think it's something missed. I think you do a great job!
I'll be waiting another 4 months for Tails boi

Here's the proof of the achievement
attachment.php

Plus the REAL statistics
attachment.php

And i don't know if this is part of ATZ or WIP map... it's a maze with invisible walls.
attachment.php

how i get up there?

Attachments

• srb20052.png
    srb20052.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,191
  • srb20053.png
    srb20053.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,204
  • srb20051.png
    srb20051.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,195
Wow... this level it's amazing! I really like the invisible walls that changes the level! I actually like this aquatic level!

The level design is fine, mixing platforming and puzzles that makes you go back if you think it's something missed. I think you do a great job!
I'll be waiting another 4 months for Tails boi

Here's the proof of the achievement
attachment.php

Plus the REAL statistics
attachment.php

And i don't know if this is part of ATZ or WIP map... it's a maze with invisible walls.
attachment.php

how i get up there?

It's not really a maze. On the other hand, there are regular platforms that show where the regular platforms are on your side. But you passed the level and you do not need to go there ... unless, of course, you want to collect all the emblems, but at the same time you died at least once. Don't, don't do it.

20 minutes! This is a good result. My testers did it for 30 and 40 minutes.

Version 1.2 is out!

I want to say a big thank you to the people who left feedback. Some people wrote to me on discord. Thank you very much!
Feedback is very important in this experiment.
Making a full underwater level with puzzles turned out to be an interesting idea, but people didn't like it very much.

Initially, I had the idea to create a multi-act created especially for Sonic, Amy and Fang. Depending on who you chose, the level changed, some paths opened and others closed. I liked it a hell of a lot, but the level would be too busy. I decided to divide it into three parts (Sonic, Amy and Fang). All three levels take place in the same location, but... is there something mystical going on here?
Well, I guess I won't touch or update it anymore. If I do this, I will make a full remake.
I still have thoughts to do the Third Chapter: Fang. Most likely, (I will even say for sure) I will tackle this level shortly because I have cool ideas. Unfortunately, this will take a very long time. Now I want to make a good level.

If you are reading this but have not completed the level yet, please leave a feedback! It is very important. Thanks you!

Last edited:
I'm super excited to see what a Fang exclusive stage would play like :o

He doesn't get enough love and attention

This is a very strange level and it is definitely not SRB2. I liked it very much and I would like to see something similar more. I went through this for 40 minutes and it was a very strange adventure.

I love the theme of the underwater hard levels, so... can you do something else in the future?

This is a very strange level and it is definitely not SRB2. I liked it very much and I would like to see something similar more. I went through this for 40 minutes and it was a very strange adventure.

I love the theme of the underwater hard levels, so... can you do something else in the future?
Thank you!

Uh... I don't know. I decided to take a mapping break because I'm very burneout. I have good ideas and I am in the stage of painting textures.

We will not only have the Azure Temple. (Not) coming soon... another Temple!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back