SRB2 Apologue - v2.1f Update

SRB2 Apologue - v2.1f Update 2021-10-22

Curiously enough, I've gotten the same problem as Icy Dragon.
On my end, though, all I can mention of importance is that I'm on a Mac OS instead of a Windows computer. However, I'm not sure that really helps, but seeing these these last few posts did make me feel it'd be worth sharing that information.

I mean... Afaik, compatibility between systems can sometimes cause small bugs like that, right?
Althought, for all I know, Icy Dragon may not be on a Mac OS like I am, so I'm sorry if I wasn't able to help much.

Mac user here. I'm not having any issues with the music, are y'all using any additional mods that might be interfering with the music lumps?

Anyway I'm enjoying the new changes! I played through Green Paradise and I noticed the music track isn't looping cleanly. Also a HOM I spotted:

VYmWRn9.png

And there are rings stuck in the ground or something (spotted using Ring Hunt):

1fTOSJw.png

Last edited:
You're a Mac user too? Huh. I wonder what's causing this.
At first, I DID add my own personal music mod *before* adding the level pack, but I just checked and even without adding anything else it still happens.
Ah well, in the end I suppose it's not THAT much of a big deal, since I can set the music to something else. Still, kind of a perplexing situation.

I just updated it to fix the issues VILEWORX pointed out, and also fix some loading errors, they might be the Reason why music is not working for you but I'm not sure, try downloading the new version and see if it solves anything.

Aww.
I just tried it, no dice.
Ah well, maybe it's something on our ends rather than yours, or perhaps it's out of your coding reach?
Either way, sorry if I couldn't be of much help.

Anyways, moving on to better vibes.

I liked... A lot of things out of this level pack!
Frozen Heights and Mine Maze were kind of a pain for me (Probably out of my own skill, if anything), but everything else has been crafted quite well!

@RoimWolf: Glad to hear it! Sorry I couldn't help you with the music. FHZ and MMZ are late-campaign levels so I think it's fine that they're a bit harder than the early levels

@Simon_T: Ye I'm aware of those, it's a left-over from the 2.1 version I believe, since Amy and Fang weren't supported yet there, will fix it soon.

Last edited:
When playing with srb2 arpologue the red texture's in vanilla srb2 levels (the lasers ands red button in the mario level) are replaced with a brown texture.srb20015.png

Last edited:
sluggard updated SRB2 Apologue - v2.1e Update with a new update entry:

v2.1f Update

• Moved TWZ1 checkpoint away from death pit to prevent players falling into it after they respawn.
  • Fixed REDWALL texture getting replaced with wrong texture for improved compatibility with other mods
  • Added Saloon Door to MMZ1 to prevent tails bot from following player on foot and added more player starts and Mine Carts for Multiplayer

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mine maze start is pretty bad, everytime you die at the start you have to sit on this boring old minecart yahay! after that you have to jump jump jump, then platform on a very tight area with water that sends you down. Not to mention there's a red buzzer while platforming! Cool. Anyways, pretty fun level pack. Just Mine Maze, eh.

I like the music used in Frozen Heights Act 1 and your right it does fit and i wonder what the music is ? I forgot and I tried to search every sonic game soundtrack for it?

truely a great checkpoint placement in mine maze zone |
i frickin hate this zone

Attachments

• srb20047.gif
    srb20047.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
truely a great checkpoint placement in mine maze zone |
i frickin hate this zone
Woops, fixed... but for some reason it says I can't upload the file eventhough I did? @SeventhSentinel or any mod can u help? error in spoiler
image_2023-12-21_114206713.png

Meanwhile here's a Link for 2.1g

I like the music used in Frozen Heights Act 1 and your right it does fit and i wonder what the music is ? I forgot and I tried to search every sonic game soundtrack for it?
It's icicle falls music from pre 2.2 SRB2
Post automatically merged:

whats the music for the lava stage (i forgot the name)
Sonic Xtreme Lava Tunnel music, I think I got it from that build JollyRoger released a couple years ago where it played in the background of that level, the game's data files weren't compressed so I grabbed it from there.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back