• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

hopefully not. I have an amazing transition into PAZ that I would love to create. I'm not explaining it because I don't want to spoil the suprise. =)

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

AGZ needs many things sprited. the significant lack of plant themed objects that aren't decoration is quite the issue. I myself am pretty good at spriting but with the issue of having to sprite them and then code them makes it very time consuming. I've been looking for someone who could help by spriting the badniks and objects while I code them using placeholder sprites. If you could help with spriting the badniks and stuff that would be cool.

yea i could do that, but no guarantees because i have poor motivation. But i have the ability to do that

Decided to throw in some thoughts on some progress others are doing.

I have decided to do a full remake for MFZ (ala CEZ, aka mostly from scratch but still referencing older versions). And I have also decided to take notes from Dirk's idea for MFZ. I haven't gotten much done, but here's current progress.

attachment.php

Surprised that you're going with my idea here. Really looking forward to seeing this finished. Would like to see the Blue Mountain vibes from here and there as well as some new stuff that you have in mind.

attachment.php

I have begun the AGZ remake. special thanks to DeltaSanic on discord for their little area they let me use.

Loving the progress on this. Really looking like a proper garden in the sky. If any possible way to make the gimmicks I mentioned or new ideas that come in, I would like to see how they are executed.

On the other note, I'm also down with spriting stuff if I'm not too occupied with other projects. Just give me a hollow when needed.

When it comes to that Aerial Garden- I forgot to mention this before, but it's already solving an issue I had with the original- Everything looked *too* samey. Even for standards back then, I never felt like there were good landmarks to orientate myself around, and I could never remember which chunks of the stage connected to which unless I was playing the stage and arriving at them. This version here not only solves that, it also makes things more beautiful and readable at the same time. I am excited for everyone's stages, sure, but somehow this makes me WANT to play Aerial Garden.

Some people were asking for a Discord server for easier communication between the community for this project. I may have quickly whipped something together:
https://discord.gg/HFyEsCYsy4

EDIT: How to kill a thread 101. Everyone reading this thread who wishes to say something here is probably best to join here and say it here instead.

Last edited:
I'd just like to post a few updates from the Discord server:
- Tempest Valley 1 and 2 are being merged.
- Sunken Plant remake underway.
- Aerial Garden remake slightly more underway.
- There's now a lot of lore involved (more than SRB2, naturally). Go join the Discord server and check pins in #mrce-talk to see it.
- Egg Animus redesign sketched out.
- Dimension Warp is loosely planned to be a Super Sonic boss, as Dirk suggested.
- A bunch of badnik concepts. I mean a lot. We have 3 enemies sketched out for Flame Rift, and a new enemy for Tempest Valley which is loosely coded in.
- Flame Rift itself hasn't been worked on much.
- Verdant Forest has plans to be redesigned into an elven forest city.
- Memes. Plenty of memes.

That's all I can think of. I might start weekly updates here so that anyone checking the MB can know the state of the project.

Fun Fact - I used to plan an AGZ-themed level called "Stratospheric Palace Zone" / "Mountainous Garden Zone". Was planning to add several variants of the maps depending on the time-period you are in. This idea might seem pretty funny considering there's something you might notice while reading the planned time-periods.

Past - Jungle-esque environment (A good example of this can be seen in Collision Chaos Zone "Past")

Present - Very natural environment (As you may know, I think this variant would use Foliage Furnace's assets)

Bad Future - While this is the secret that y'all have been waiting for. I'll reveal it now. As you may notice, it's- hell. :)

Good Future - Same description/asset usage as the present, however with a slight addition for instance, the decoration objects for Metallic Madness/Collision Chaos Good Future? (In my opinion, I think Collision Chaos fits better.)

That's pretty much it.

srb20291.gif

new build!

>updates to Tempest Valley Zone 2 by DirkTheHusky

>New Sunken Plant Zone 1 by InferNOr

>New title screen with logo by DirkTheHusky and titlemap by PersistentVoid

Added credits: Xian, arika

Attachments

• S_MysticRealmCE-v0.2a.pk3
    8.9 MB · Views: 411
Last edited:
srb20291.gif

new build!

>updates to tempest valley zone 2 by dirkthehusky

>new sunken plant zone 1 by infernor

>added new aerial garden zone 1 (beta) by yume dragoon

>new title screen with logo by dirkthehusky and titlemap by persistentvoid

added credits: Xian, arika

important note: !!!agz1 aint in there yet its just the headers and assets!!!

I feel like I should wait until the project is complete or cancelled to try it out, either way it looks great! EDIT: You know what? Screw it, I'll try it anyway.

Last edited:
In JCZ2, the first emerald isn't there.
101578dd51191faf4f0ca86ad3123a45

Pretty sure that's intentional, that area has yet to be swapped out with the original intention (an underwater coral cave path), so it goes without an Emerald, due to the Mystic Temple being online.

excuse me while i chip in a bit~

Have a concept bg for Verdant Forest, complete with source .ase files and layers ;^)

attachment.php

Attachments

• VERDANTFORESTshowcase.png
    VERDANTFORESTshowcase.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,306
  • VERDANTFOREST.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 148
Oh that reminds me, have the latest compilation!
And the latest Styles.pk3

Yume's JCZ2 edit has been properly implemented this time, it is now more open and expansive.
Added a newish vfz2 by Radicalicious, it's still the same level, but now has the textures and colormap to match vfz1
Gave Sonic the Rebound Dash
Added a new act 2 theme for MFZ by yume
Re-arranged the order of the Chaos Emeralds to better fit the theme of the zones they appear in. Blue can be found in JCZ/MKZ, purple is still in TVZ/RKZ, green is now in VFZ/LWZ, red is located in FRZ/Vulcan Forge Zone, Cyan is in MFZ/SCZ, orange is in SPZ/NCZ, and white is still in AGZ/STZ. This is only noticeable in the hud graphics on the status screen / file select because:
Added a new script by me that changes emerald collecting in each of the emerald stages. The player will be automatically granted the emerald on exiting the stage. As such, the emerald object and emerald gates have been removed.
Added new file select graphics by dirk
VFZ3, LWZ, and FRZ2 have received visual polish to better match the zones they're from.
custom hud has been adjusted
removed the red emerald from jcz1 (why it was still there idk)
fixed some major issues with the emerald script
rebound dash, sloperollangle, momentum, and spintrail have been moved to a new file

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back