I may be a idiot. But what do i do? if i keep getting a !DOCTYPE error

TurtleBoiEX

when I added the patch file for srb2 I went to the online servers just to find out I'm not able to connect and I'm having a error.
can't put image so ill put text.
Master Server Error 403 <!DOCTYPE html>

Hmmm... The only thing i can say is that you need to reinstall srb2 (and don't forget to make a copy of your gamedata.dat file in case you want your progress saved)

I might actually be an idiot

i tried reinstalling it and i still got the error.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Can you still acess servers by typing the IP adress? If not then there could be a problem with the patch file you installed, have you installed 2.2.7. for full download or did you installed the patch for 2.2.6.? (Note : If your srb2 wasn't 2.2.6. before, it might be because of that) Also don't worry about being an idiot, i was one when i entered the MB :)

That sounds like a HTTP 403 "Forbidden" error, which means a connection to the Master Server was made but you're being denied for some reason. Why you're getting that error I have no idea, but you're definitely not an idiot.

Does the "Master Server" link at the top of this page work? If it doesn't, it might not be to do with the game. If it does, all I can think of is maybe the Master Server URL in SRB2 is somehow incorrect.

EDIT: oh, wait, duh. I almost forgot, the Master Server had actually gone down around the time you posted this. Give it another try.

Last edited:
it works... I guess

i was able to get to a server but i can only join through IP address. I'm not sure what's to happen now.

Make sure that the master server address is https://mb.srb2.org/MS/0. "MS" must be upper case. If the error is when trying to view the server list, try visiting https://mb.srb2.org/MS/0/servers in your browser too. It may give you more details than in game.

I'm having this issue too, I can join via ip address but not through master server, so I can't host ,I'm so confused ,help

Also in game won't let use caps or paste into master server slot

Last edited:
I also encountered this error, but considering that I need to verify whether I am a robot before I go to SRB2MB, I think it is because SRB2 failed to pass the verification. (btw I get an error 503)
I can still get on ms.srb2.org and copy an IP to join server, but I can't see the different categories of servers.

Last edited:
I'm having this issue too, I can join via ip address but not through master server, so I can't host ,I'm so confused ,help

Also in game won't let use caps or paste into master server slot
I also encountered this error, but considering that I need to verify whether I am a robot before I go to SRB2MB, I think it is because SRB2 failed to pass the verification. (btw I get an error 503)
I can still get on ms.srb2.org and copy an IP to join server, but I can't see the different categories of servers.
I've posted instructions for dealing with this problem. You probably missed it because the mods haven't made it sticky yet. (Please make the following linked post sticky!)
Post automatically merged:

Continued discussion here: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/problem-with-master-server-error-503-doctype-html.36639/post-585031

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back