The Mystery of GFZ Act 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to wonder how the "Global Triggers" will be used as they do deactivate upon exiting the save

This may not be the intended purpose of that sector, but a player's instinct is going to be stand on it and look around. And when you do that, the emblem in the circle of rings can be clearly seen.

Obviously you're all being lied to and that button actually triggers Emoflower Zone Act 1! Wake up, sheeple!

Pretty sure that used to hold an emblem in earlier versions. We just neglected to remove it when we moved that emblem.

Might be a nice spot for a 1Up.

I thought this was just a template for some of the "curved" or round platforms in the game like Techno Hill's Pipes and Eggman's Cage and Cage Platform

Just as a general FYI, I wouldn't expect us to ever go back to the obscure easter egg format from previous versions of the game. We now have proper unlockable structures, and we also no longer have weird beta shit to hide into our demos. Instead of doing something weird as hell to access RVZ or AGZ, you should expect to either unlock it normally or just access it in the normal single player campaign =P

I am now legitimately crying. SRB2 is now officially, legitimately ruined and finally earned its day to be laid to rest.

~RIP SRB2, 1999-2014(?)~

I will always have fond memories of the last release before the final game comes out where I would tide myself over by visiting www.srb2.org for news and updates. I will also always have fond memories of harassing cameo characters who are just trying to enjoy a relaxing picnic alone...

(C'mon, I know you can hide something [or at least imply it] in there for the next major release... all of the intrigue will keep players coming back to the game!)

I would be fine with a crazy hidden easter egg, as long as it doesn't unlock anything and isn't important in the slightest. (maybe some kind of graphic, or sound? idk, just not something ridiculously hidden that everyone would try to get after going on Youtube and seeing, just like Hyper Sonic)

I would be fine with a crazy hidden easter egg, as long as it doesn't unlock anything and isn't important in the slightest. (maybe some kind of graphic, or sound? idk, just not something ridiculously hidden that everyone would try to get after going on Youtube and seeing, just like Hyper Sonic)

Oh, could be done easy... You know, go on DB, make this "button" as a trigger, make it play a sound, a cecho, and then execute a lua script that turns you as hyper sonic with 99,999 rings, 99999 lives (even if it's impossible), and say in the description that you must do stupid things, such as doing ATZ in less than 3 minutes with a perfect bonus, doing Black Hole with a Rainbow A, and then going to GFZ1 to push this button ^^

You could press the button as Sonic only and Bugs Bunny pops out ans sends you to a boss fight with Wile E. Cyote. not really.

My Easter Egg ideas are all cruel, such as a nondescript patch of ground that instakills any player that touches it.

(C'mon, I know you can hide something [or at least imply it] in there for the next major release... all of the intrigue will keep players coming back to the game!)

The problem is that most of the time the developers don't know what will be in the next release. And this applies to almost every game developer out there, not just the SRB2 devs.

Really? I knew the TUDD had to have been gathering monumental neckbeard dust.

The TUDD is a design document for what the full, completed game should look like. It doesn't contain a road map for how to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back