Egg Satelitte is RIDICULOUSLY HARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed all of these stages and replaying the last one took me two tries. Although Rob I hate to say looking at your video playthrough just reminds me of a perfect example of "designing a game for the devlopers" vs "designing a game for the players"

Although Rob I hate to say looking at your video playthrough just reminds me of a perfect example of "designing a game for the devlopers" vs "designing a game for the players"
How so? The rainbow A rank isn't something the average player needs to worry about. It gives you no reward, the game doesn't even tell you it exists, it's just a little bonus for people who really want to master the special stages.

Exactly.

The entire point of Rainbow A is that it is a reward in and of itself for someone who wants to go above and beyond what we realistically expect players to do. We deliberately did not include any references to it, or make it a requirement for anything, specifically because we don't expect most players to make that. The regular purple A is where we expect people to be. Rainbow A are for those who like a larger challenge than the game itself requires.

Nope, you just need A rank on the other 7 special stages, rainbow A is literally, as said above, only it's own reward, I don't have a single rainbow A but I've got '100%' completion.

Think THAT'S bad?

bVUqeiq.jpg

Nuff said.

What am I supposed to be looking at?

Hello. I just had a full ragequit in 2.1: The Egg Satelitte. It's harder than Metal Sonic and the Final boss COMBINED. This stage is HELL. Almost everything slows you down and counts -5 seconds in your timer. The hazards are too hard to dodge. The number of spheres is a good challenge but the timer is not the best one. I mean, it's 150 seconds. Dusty Wasteland is 100 seconds, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE 2000 LASERS AND CRUSHERS TRYING TO F*** YOU OVER. By the time I get to the capsule (120 Spheres) I have around 23 seconds remaining. And I need like 70 to get past through the rest of the stage. WHICH IS EVEN HARDER.
I still can't beat this. It made me ragequit A LOT. And I don't usually rage in any game.
Seriously, STJR. Make this a bit easier. Less hazards or more time? Or maybe 90 Spheres and not 120. Please.
Finishing this map is so easy , but it is impossible "for me" to do any record attack on it

Finishing this map is so easy , but it is impossible "for me" to do any record attack on it

I could try to get the A rank with SDL2 which has not any glitches other than lags when it has a big resolution.

Also maybe it's offtopic but what are those NiGHTS sounds with an X at the beging of them? I mean when are they used tough.

I could try to get the A rank with SDL2 which has not any glitches other than lags when it has a big resolution.

Also maybe it's offtopic but what are those NiGHTS sounds with an X at the beging of them? I mean when are they used tough.
It doesn't matter what port do you use, it will not make any diffrent , As i said before, it's impossible to make a Record for this level . !!

Well, thankfully I now managed to beat this stage.... Once. Also, F rank...
Is it just me or the rank is a bit unfair?

Actually I think this was easy upon Black Hole. Personally, I hate whole NiGHTS but I still used some time with this stage untill the A rank just appeared to me. (happy for that I don't need to do it again) When you have learned the way well enough you'll get it too.

Well, thankfully I now managed to beat this stage.... Once. Also, F rank...
Is it just me or the rank is a bit unfair?

I don't know why but it took about 5-7 times and got a F Rank too...
Looping the special stages can make you have a D or a C Rank so...
(You know what i mean with looping right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back