Rock Band 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiron

I have Rock Band 3, the PRO guitar, the keyboard, 2 regular 5-button guitars, a microphone, and a drum set, and they're all really great. I'm just wondering if any of you guys ever played Rock Band 3 or any other Rock Band/Guitar Hero games.

I played Rock Band 2 with some friends around 4 weeks ago. It was cool until we did some hard songs(I was the only one there who did not know how to play RB) and I missed a lot of notes, making us restart. One of my friends kept accusing me of doing nothing when I was honestly trying.

Some people take it way too seriously, but otherwise it's okay to play when you're bored.

The only way I've deeply experienced the Rock Band series is through the Wii releases. The first one was just a shoddy port that left out all the goodies, like online play and DLC. Granted, that last one isn't too easy of a feature to accomplish on the Wii.

Rock Band 2 is a step up, mainly because of how incredibly recognizable the setlist is without being crappy...give or take one or two songs. I still love to play that one solely when I'm in the mood for it.

However, Rock Band 3 is by far my favorite of the series. The new interface on the Wii version is incredibly handy. The setlist...decent, not as great as RB2, but it has quite a few keepers on it (ESPECIALLY Bohemian Rhapsody).

As for titles outside the main series, The Beatles: Rock Band is pretty fun for fans of the band, but it's not quite as challenging as the rest of the series.

I'd buy it, but I only want to play Jerry Was a Racecar Driver (he drove so god damn fast) on Expert Bass.

And that's not quite worth 60 bucks. 40, maybe.

I'd buy it, but I only want to play Jerry Was a Racecar Driver (he drove so god damn fast) on Expert Bass.

Oh Jesus, that song doubles as being awesome and devilishly hard at the same time. Love that song.

Hm... we already have the complete RB2 set, and we probably will get RB3 with the keyboard and another guitar. (We still only have 1! :<)
The setlist is decent, but I think RB2 has a much better one.

Also, Expert Bass <3

I have Rock Band 1, 3, and the Beatles games and have played RB 2 several times before. They are all pretty good (considering it's almost EXACTLY the same game). I bought the keyboard + Rock Band 3 bundle ($120.00 altogether...) and the keyboard is really fun! :D Pro keys are fun but kinda hard.

About the others, Beatles RB isn't as challenging as the others, there isn't much to say about RB, and RB2 has a pretty crappy set list (except for "Drain You," "E-Pro," "Pump It Up" and a few others, but that's all I can remember right now).

RB2 has a pretty crappy set list (except for "Drain You," "E-Pro," "Pump It Up" and a few others, but that's all I can remember right now).
Don't forget "Down With The Sickness"!
Some classic songs are pretty good, RB2 has a lot of them.
My favorite RB games are RB3, RB Green Day (I never played it, but I like Green Day.), and RB Metal Track Pack. I wish I had XBOX Live so I could put the Metal Pack songs into RB3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back