[Open Assets] Super Monitor! (supermonitor.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Devmode, then ringslinger after this, objectplace on and TADA! added the ring weapons and SRB1 Enemies.

Is there a way to bring it back to 1.09.4? Because some people don't want to switch to the 2.0.4 (like me, almost since i use 2.0.4, but didn't remove 1.09.4 :P).

...Okay, I didn't think the comments would break the wad. I'll fix it up real quick, then I'll go submit a bug report about comments not working the way they should.

They are, but the thing is, it's supposed to go above the line, because the game reads the entire line as info if it don't start with #.

If the game reads,
"# random comment", it ignores
if it reads,
"shfoh # Random comment", it says "shfoh not recognized".
if it reads
"Thing 318 # random comment" it tries to find thing 318#randomcomment
So the only way to do it is as

"# Random Comment

Thing 318"
(ignore all quotes, obviously).

They are, but the thing is, it's supposed to go above the line, because the game reads the entire line as info if it don't start with #.

If the game reads,
"# random comment", it ignores
if it reads,
"shfoh # Random comment", it says "shfoh not recognized".
if it reads
"Thing 318 # random comment" it tries to find thing 318#randomcomment
So the only way to do it is as

"# Random Comment

Thing 318"
(ignore all quotes, obviously).

You do know if the Comment connects with a section of thing text, it'll screw up. It needs two mashes of the enter key to make it work.

Why would ANYONE want 1.09.4 over 2.0.4?

Hmmmmmmm, let me see.....

01. 1.09.4 has the old match
02. 1.09.4 has different skills
03. 1.09.4 has the old ctf
04. 1.09.4 has SRB2 Riders
05. 1.09.4 has Acid Missle
06. 1.09.4 has The Mystic Realm
07. 1.09.4 is easier to beat
08. 1.09.4 is easier to make maps
09. 1.09.4 has Red Volcano Zone 1 as a secret
10. 1.09.4 has splitscreen 1 and 0

Pwned...

Acid Missile is also available for 2.0.

There are various ports of this around, but not fully ported.

Which has bugs compared to 2.0's RVZ1.

So does 2.0. (I think)

orly?

So? What about the classic version?

But don't you want to play the "real deal"?

But it is easier to get to it.

Last time I checked, I coulden't use that command to cheat on beating the last level. :(

You just did. >:)

Lets get back on topic - Super Sonic Monitor style.

01. 1.09.4 has the old match
02. 1.09.4 has different skills

Both of those were lame. 1.09.4 Match was a game of who can get the two weapon rings and the infinite first, and there was no reason to use Knux or Tails for any reason. Ever. (Knux did gain a shot buff, and Tails has more fly-only areas in 2.05), and characters were SO outrageously OP in 1.09.4, they HAD to nerf it. SRB2CB's Unleashed mode and SMS Unleashed didn't help matters either. We should be lucky spinitem and thokitem are still in.

04. 1.09.4 has SRB2 Riders
05. 1.09.4 has Acid Missle
06. 1.09.4 has The Mystic Realm

Ported or being ported.

07. 1.09.4 is easier to beat
10. 1.09.4 has splitscreen 1 and 0

If you can't beat 2.0, then you just need to try harder. Needing the splitscreen exploit is even worse.

08. 1.09.4 is easier to make maps

The hell are you talking about? It's the same as ever, only with more features.

09. 1.09.4 has Red Volcano Zone 1 as a secret

Isn't that gonna be in SRB2 the Past, which I may add has Old Castle Eggman? 'Sides, the new one is lots better anyway.

I fail to see how. All that you mentioned is either being ported, was lame and was dropped because of it, or you think it's "hard" to do whatever it is, which is a pretty lame reason TBH. I fail to see how you "pwned" anyone.

And come on, you don't NEED this for 1.09.4. You have startrings and ANYONE can be super (Make a seperate wad for Tails & Knux and make them be able to transform into Super forms if you need to.), so what's the point?

Last edited:
It's also not relevant towards this topic. We do not support 1.X anymore. If you want to mess with it on your own, feel free, but nobody is going to take the time to backport new content to it.

If you guys want to discuss the pros and cons of 1.09.4, do it in another topic.

This is the best Misc. WAD I have seen, other than senkuserv20.wad. If 2.x had Hyper Sonic, then you could probably have a Hyper Monitor. (There was one in S3&K!)

This is the best Misc. WAD I have seen, other than senkuserv20.wad. If 2.x had Hyper Sonic, then you could probably have a Hyper Monitor. (There was one in S3&K!)

First of all, the super monitor ruins servers, making everyone with a knack to automatics abuse them and everyone with a knack to rails hopeless. This for one is the reason why I hate that wad and I never use it in my server. Hyper monitors will just make the phenomena annoying as hell and the people that dislike those will find this unfair. Someone's signature; one of the moderators, it said hacking srb2 is fine, but not hacking just to cheat.

Last edited:
Total Fail in 2.00.4

FuriousFox,i´m sorry but your WAD makes 0 Effect in Version 2.00.4 because :

1.MapThingNum with -1 is only used to Weapons(Match,Tag,CTF and Hide and Seek) and Missiles.

2.No Maps with these Monitor.

-Sugestion : Next time in Demo 2.00.5, please change MapThingNum to Normal Monitor of Ring.If you do this,there´s more chances of SRB2 Character becomes Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back