Special stages.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
I have been making my own special stage levels for my mod and I will release the 7 special stage levels in 1 seperate file as well as adding this to my mod.

There are currently 3 special stages made at the moment, and these are just little preview stages to see If they are good enough to be used in the final version of my mod when I release it soon.

Simply play the game as normal and collect the emerald tokens and the first 3 original stages will be replaced with the ones that I have made.

Here is the link below.

specialstages.wad

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fl8k4c

Any improvements or comments? (no flaming please) if so enjoy!.

I normally wouldn't have downloaded this without seeing a screenshot or two beforehand, but we don't get many special stages, so I let it slide.

Anyway, not really sure how to judge this. For one, the first stage is way too bland, not only in design, but in texturing as well. It was certainly a lot more interesting than the second stage; I really don't see the point in putting rings at the bottom of the lake like that, it lures the player into thinking that the bottom won't harm them. And the monitors on those pillars are too difficult to reach with Sonic without taking any damage.

The third stage was somewhat better, but it seems a bit too cramped and asymmetric. The floating platforms really kill this stage; it takes far too long for them to reach their apex, and when they finally do, the rings are too far up for you to be able to grab more than 3 at a time. It's a vicious battle against the clock, and it makes me think that you either tested these stages with every character other than Sonic and/or tested them in a co-op game, which would've made the process exponentially quicker.

Anyway, not too bad for a first attempt, I suppose, but there's certainly room for improvement. Make sure the stages aren't too cramped, and try to design them with Sonic in mind; the special stages are more or less geared specifically towards him. Also, what's with all of the clipping? You aren't setting Main textures for every sector, are you? You only need Above and Below textures.

I could remove some of the rings from the lake and some hazards from the pillars, Thanks for the comment Ritz I can improve on that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back