Resource icon

[Open Assets] The Sprixie Fairies: Wand Night, Wanda, and Wand Shy

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
attachment.php

1. Here's our first member of the Sprixie Fairies. Wand Night is a Pink kind-Hearted Smartest Sprixie Fairy that sounds as a used Car Salesman which holds her wand on her left hand but floats and talks in the "Sprixie Scepter Whiz" episode. In my mind and dream I saw The Sonic Heroes 2015 Cartoon Cartoons Show on Cartoon Network and whenever I saw her She can do anything to help Sonic and his friends out.
Updates are on the way once I learn how to fix the energy ball attack.

attachment.php

2. He might be in Mario & Wario JPN game, but he's now in srb2 to join in on the fun with Sonic & the gang. Wand Night's brother 'Wanda' can't spin jump, but only spindash, and acts like Wand Night. Sometimes he wants to have his good deeds. Will He ever see Mario and his pals again? Will He stop Wario one more again?

attachment.php

3. First he's dumb (too dumb), then he makes wishes, and poof mess ups and troubles occurs. Be extra careful when playing this character, he can't spin at all or can't turn super.
Worst choice to play as, If you try to get the emeralds.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20017.gif
    srb20017.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 858
  • srb20022.gif
    srb20022.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 693
  • WandNightHeader.png
    WandNightHeader.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 9,348
  • VCL_Wandnight-v2.rar
    76.8 KB · Views: 534
  • srb20025.gif
    srb20025.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 376
  • srb20026.gif
    srb20026.gif
    7 MB · Views: 384
  • WANDPICS.png
    WANDPICS.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 329
  • VCL_Wanda-v1.rar
    87.4 KB · Views: 461
  • srb20030.gif
    srb20030.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 303
  • srb20035.gif
    srb20035.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 277
  • Wand Shy for srb2.png
    Wand Shy for srb2.png
    5 KB · Views: 6,691
  • VCL_Wandshy-v1.rar
    89.8 KB · Views: 457
Last edited by a moderator:
that sounds as a used Car Salesman which holds her wand on her left hand but floats and talks in the "Sprixie Scepter Whiz" episode. In my mind and dream I saw The Sonic Heroes 2015 Cartoon Cartoons Show on Cartoon Network and whenever I saw her She can do anything to help Sonic and his friends out.
Not gonna lie, you remind me of my old self...
Will try this out once I'll want to.

this character is extremely weird, i need more context about who is she and from when it originated

How the heck is it aproved if it's from Gamebanana,you know,that site where rejected addons goes

I'd like to point out the thread on how to deal with plagiarism. Message Board staff can deal with this from here so no need to reiterate the point.

How the heck is it aproved if it's from Gamebanana,you know,that site where rejected addons goes
So long as something meets the requirements to be uploaded here, it can be released on the message board. Being uploaded onto Gamebanana isn't rejection worthy by itself. It's a shame that the plagiarized code wasn't caught when this was in submissions but it can be dealt with now.

After some back and forth, permission is now given by CANINE to use their Mecha Sonic energy sphere code, and Wand Night is updated to meet those requirements. So this is now allowed back in releases.

Is there an explanation about it?
Also, you asked about GameBanana but I left you without an answer as this was moved back into submissions. Coming from GameBanana alone is no reason for rejection, as it is ultimately just a mod hosting site. We'll only reject something based on the contents of the file rather than its source. (For example, Shadow Android originated on GameBanana but it meets all release requirements so we have no reason to hold it back from being hosted here).

Anyway, with this thread back in releases. A few other changes were made to the way the energy spheres work, but they appear to have been intentional changes on asking Rrose80149 rather than accidental so it's allowed.

So, after this was re-released and the other fairy characters were released too. There was a discussion about them. Because your three fairy characters are so similar to each other, could you upload them into this thread and create a single thread for your fairy characters instead?

I've moved the other two fairies away from releases because of this, but as I know they already work as intended and are accounted for as releases, you are welcome to edit this thread to include your other fairy characters in one place.

this character is extremely weird, i need more context about who is she and from when it originated
Ok, i have no idea how to explain this in words that make sense, but apparently she's from a hypothetical, Real Life AU-sort of 2015 Sonic Heroes cartoon on Cartoon Network (creators words, not mine)

The hell?

What can I say except, why? I should not have to ask when a mod is released but for some reason I question this mods existence and how it even got here.... Damn the judges have failed us once again...

Oh my fucking god can you people stop giving the kid so much shit? This is the exact type of elitism and unconstructive criticism we were celebrating was gone from the community.

Trying to shut down a kid in their beginning phases, their humble first attempt, and then proceeding to insult the people who gave them the graces of showing their work here is such an absolute dick move. It's impressive they worked up anything in the first place. These are the seeds for high quality mods and sprites in the future, or even a skillset they could bring into real life. Domino effect and shit like that. Shame on everyone who insulted this work without providing any real criticism, or a means to improve.

The negativity in this thread is a little disappointing and undeserved. Everyone is welcome to share their art, here, whether they're a veteran at pixel art or just starting out.

Try to encourage each other, y'all. No one starts out as a master!

I'll hopefully set an example here by giving some constructive criticism -- problems and solutions both.

So anyhow, this is pretty cute! I really like fairies, so seeing things like this and Ember popping up make me happy!

I can tell you're pretty new to spriting, and I appreciate the effort you put into this, because even just creating a rotation that looks halfway believable for a character takes a significant amount of effort.

srb20014.png

The first thing I noted is how the wings are opaque when they're behind the character, but they're dithered/crosshatched when in front. This makes me giggle because I know EXACTLY why you did that -- I've had the same thoughts when I've tried spriting fairy characters for srb2kart. "Am I only going to be able to see their wings?"

Luckily, since it's vanilla srb2 and not kart, you can use a separate object for the wings, which you're doing. I think that instead of doing the dither effect, you should just make the wings a little transparent, almost like glass!

An alternative would be to do something more outline based, like this sketch I made.

unknown.png

You could even put little spirals or another cute pattern inside it like I did here! In fact, combine something like this with the transparency *also* and I think it'd be just perfect: having personality while not obscuring the cute sprites behind the wings.

Another thing I noticed is that you're using -- and correct me if I'm wrong on this, I've never made a character for srb2 -- the tails' tails code.

srb20046.gif

I can tell from the way the wings bob up and down as you jump, the same way tails' tails move from the lower half of his orb to the top half as he falls. A neat effect for him, but I think the effect should stay in the direct center for your fairy, because wings wouldn't need to move like that.

At first, I was a little confused that the wings even still showed when you jump, but then I thought of it like a zelda fairy orb, and I immediately saw how cute the concept can be if it's just a little more polished up.

5057628-navi-png-navi-fairy-zelda-navi-graphics-navi-pandora-disney-navi-png-260_260_preview.png

My last thought at this point was just noticing that in a few of her balancing frames and some misc others, her hands/arms look like this:

srb20010.png

If I were to hold out my hands to catch my balance (and you can try it, too) I would likely put the back of my hands to the sky, and my fingers upwards and outwards. In this sprite, it looks like she has her palms to the sky, which feels very unnatural. I think one of the falling sprites had the same problem, too.

I really like where you're going with these sprites, though! It's good to see more fairies, and though it already makes me go "aww!" I think this could be INCREDIBLY cute with a little extra polish. You're definitely on the right track here!

One random other thing, I found this life icon really charming, hehe

srb20013.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back