The color problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigFur

MikeTigFur
Hi guys! i just joined this forum to finally find an answer for my problem, so sorry if i posted it on a wrong place or something...

Anyway, when i start srb2 everything is in weird colors (pink, yellow, weird green whatsoever..) irt look like negative but it isnt, its just weird, i tried to solve it with the compactibility and other things but nothing worked.

Before the new release it worked fine, however not on this PC, i bought a new one and i havent seen anyone else complaining about this either.

i have win7, 16GB ram, amd fx 8350, dont know what else to mention..

The only thing thatbothers me is that i only have about 1GB space left on my SSD where the windows is installed, i will reinstal it later, could that be the reason its messing up? i doubt it but still...

Id be glad for any help, thanks, TigFur.

Hello TigFur
You can fix this problem by Running the game in opengl , use the command prompt to run srb2win -opengl, or open the Batch file in SRB2's folder
SRB2 - OpenGL
- If you want to Run the game in Software Mode without having this problem, then maybe you'll have to Update your Graphics card and Update Direct x to the latest version
*Ma-Config (Get Latest Updates for your Drivers)
http://www.ma-config.com/en/services/39_share-my-configuration
*Latest Update of DirectX
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Hello TigFur
You can fix this problem by Running the game in opengl , use the command prompt to run srb2win -opengl, or open the Batch file in SRB2's folder
SRB2 - OpenGL
- If you want to Run the game in Software Mode without having this problem, then maybe you'll have to Update your Graphics card and Update Direct x to the latest version
*Ma-Config (Get Latest Updates for your Drivers)
http://www.ma-config.com/en/services/39_share-my-configuration
*Latest Update of DirectX
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Oh and tell me which version of "Windows7" Are you Using "64bit" or "32bit"
If you're using a "32bit" Version, then it's not good because PCs or Laptops with more then "3GB" Of "RAM" Have to use "64bit" Version of Windows !!

Last edited:
I have this problem too, and it's really weird. I'm certain it's due to resolution... I never got it until 2.1, but then I went back to both 2.0 and 1.09 using the same resolution and got the same color problem. It's incredibly odd. What resolution are you using? I use the very last one (can't remember the numbers) and it gives me that color error.

As i said
If you're using a "32bit" Version,and your RAM Is More then 3GB then it's not good because PCs or Laptops with more then "3GB" Of "RAM" Have to use "64bit" Version of Windows !!

OPENGL works fine! now i can finally play, i had no idea the video on start with eggman is black and white, it was colored before xD thanks guys!

So it gave you that all the time? I only get it sometimes and pulling up a menu gets it back to normal.

OpenGL lags pretty badly for me now (and I'd rather not use it anyway) so it's not an option for me.

well it works, the colors are fine, however i not noticed that on all servers i get pretty fast kicked because of the synch.. i still have the same router and internet as before and i didnt lag.. also i noticed that eve though my ports are forwarded it shows lie if they werent when i host, now im not sure if its the new pc or the open gl..

My resolution is 1600 x 900. I'm using AMD drivers and the older versions of SRB2 act fine this problem is only in this current version.

well it works, the colors are fine, however i not noticed that on all servers i get pretty fast kicked because of the synch.. i still have the same router and internet as before and i didnt lag.. also i noticed that eve though my ports are forwarded it shows lie if they werent when i host, now im not sure if its the new pc or the open gl..

It's your PC, you need to port forward for your new PC because the IP will be different.

It's your PC, you need to port forward for your new PC because the IP will be different.
Did you know that the IP Adresse is always changing after you Reboot your Rooter,so i Recommand you to always check your IP Adresse ,if it's changed go change it from the Rooter Configuration Page ...

Did you know that your IP address always changes after you reboot your router? I recommend that you always check your IP address, if it's changed then go change it from the router configuration page

That has nothing to do with port forwarding, what you are referring to is the Public IP (the thing that people use to join your servers), even if it does change, people will still be able to connect to your server

Last edited:
Private IPs are actually even more prone to change unless you have it set to static, so it's probably a good idea to check anyway. I've had it happen plenty of times that my private IP changed and I had to update my ports.

Private IPs are actually even more prone to change unless you have it set to static, so it's probably a good idea to check anyway. I've had it happen plenty of times that my private IP changed and I had to update my ports.

Really? I used to have dynamic IP but I never had my private IP change

Yeah, but there are some other settings it's dependent on. I actually don't have the problem anymore since we changed how long the router waits before releasing an IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back