What's your favorite SRB2 2.1 tunes number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPixl

Ahem.
I did a thread almost the exact same as this, but they added a couple tunes to SRB2 with the newest release of 2.1! So I thought I would ask again and see if any opinions have changed..mine has. (tunes 24)

I don't know what number it is now, but it used to play in the Sapphire Falls level back in 1.09. I like that and tune 91.

Tunes 20, the happiest and most upbeat of all the songs.

On a more serious note: tunes 96.

136 is my favourite, I think. B3, at least. The Mystic Realm Flame Rift Zone Super Duper Mega Hyper Monster Werewolf Bandaged Extra-Spiky Song.

Seriously, Sonic Team, why the werewolf? Why the bandages and extra spikes? It just doesn't work out for Sonic.

On a note related to the Mystic Realm, is-*Snip, since I'll get an infraction for asking*

On another note related to that song, one thing that bothers me is the lack of a loop... There are 4 double-duns at the "loop", as opposed to everywhere else where there only are 3, plus there is also a small pause after the first of the 4 double-duns.
Oh, wait, no, I made a looping version of it in a Wad that I have SRB2 add in my AutoExec file. Just like I also did with the Character Selection and Race Intermission songs, and just like I will probably do with more things later, too. (I know I can replace music.dta, but I don't want to.)
Hehehe... wait, I didn't include the looping Flame Rift .ogg in my looping music wad. Thank you for making me notice that, and thus adding it.

I'm not going to release that thing, though, since submission/release rules.

Edit: I just realized my looping .ogg exports from AudaCity fill a LOT more than those in music.dta.

Last edited:
Tunes 26 for president of the universe.

I've even made my own version with FL Studio 10, but I need to know how the devs make the srb2 soundtrack.

I've even made my own version with FL Studio 10, but I need to know how the devs make the srb2 soundtrack.

Just put it in an mp3 or ogg format, put it in a wad, and name the lump 'O_MAP26M'.

By doing that, you could replace the entire soundtrack in one wad if you wanted.

Is Tunes 200 still the same slot it was in 2.0? Because that was my favorite little Easter Egg in the whole game. I played the entire Tortured Planet map pack with it on as Hinote, before the original soundtrack was added in a later version.

Das how I made my Genesis wad, actually. Took some editing at times due to the limits of the drum kits in the Ultimate Genesis Soundfont, but eh, I found it worth it.

Anyway, my favorite is a tie between tunes 137, tunes 5, and tunes 18 (Actually, in my personal version of my Genesis wad, I replaced tunes 5 with a genesis mix I made of the theme used for the inside of Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie, so I guess it would make it the lesser of the 3).

Is Tunes 200 still the same slot it was in 2.0? Because that was my favorite little Easter Egg in the whole game. I played the entire Tortured Planet map pack with it on as Hinote, before the original soundtrack was added in a later version.

Actually, yes it is, it was also the last song I made for my genesis pack, hence one reason I know it is still there.

Tunes 30, to be honest.
I mean come on, I did grow up with Mario and ended up becoming a Sonic, Minecraft fan and a Brony later on.

Tunes 15 will likely always be my favorite arrangement of Arid Canyon's music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back