The Forbidden Next Gen Question

Which Next Gen Console Do You Want Most? (Or in 360's case, already got)

• The Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Nintendo Wii

• The Microsoft Xbox 360

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
I looked around and didn't see anything like this so let's have those votes! =P

PS3 and Wii are literally right around the corner, coming out near the middle of November. Will they duke it out in one final struggle, or are they too late to overcome XBox's massive lead? Or perhaps Sony's pricey PS3 will fall short and Nintendo and Microsoft will fight it out? Or maybe even the worst; Wii getting stomped by the PS3 and 360. It's time to see which console all of you prefer and ultimately, write another small page in the great console war of '06/'07. Discuss what you like but be sure to keep the fanboyness to a respectable level. There ARE mods crawling about the boards now. I'm sure they will want to keep a close eye on this topic. (If not lock it the moment they see it. XD) Keep any stupid fanboy arguements off this topic and use INTELLIGENT discussion. That's about it. Votish!

I realy want a Wii and a PS3.
The PS3 for Sonic and the Wii for LOZ: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl and others, too.

I want a Wii more than PS3. :D

I'll buy either a Wii or a 360.
Probably a Wii, seeing it costs less than a 360.
And, only for letting you know, I'm not anti-Nintendo. It's just that I criticize some of Nintendo's tactics.
PS3? No way. In my opinion, the PS3 is only an useless pricey box.

Wii, dur. *Mauled*

I'm going for the Wii because of the motion sensors; and it's not that expensive. Apart from the fact that I have loved every Nintendo console I have ever owned more than any other ('Cept the DC... :(), there isn't really any other reasons.

...Woohoo, pre-ordered one with Twilight Princess, and Red-steel. :D

I want a Wii. The only game I would want for the PS3 is Sonic NExt Gen...and I am NOT buying a $500 to $600 dollar system for one game.

And I just don't like XBox. Nintendo rules.

Xbox 360 for Sonic Next-gen and Halo 3. Really I see no downside.
Wii for SSBB. But the controls look confuseing.
PS3. Proably for The Silent Hill Collection and Devil May Cry 4. But A flaw will be on it.

I am definitely getting a Wii.

Then a PS3, because I can afford it.

You lousy bums.

Getting a Wii on launch day. In fact, I'm camping out in front of Target for it. I think it's quite obvious WHY I prefer Wii. It's got the awesome first party titles, the VERY low price point, and best of all, the controller! Wii will be the first console where you can PHYSICALLY beat the shit out of the person next to you, and it will do something on the screen. Call me a fanboy, I don't care. At this point, I even identify myself as one. :X
If I were to get another console, it would be the X360, easily. The GUI is a little confusing to me at first, but there are a couple games I want for it. Not to mention, you can frikkin' download game demos off Xbox Live! How cool is that?? Hopefully Nintendo will do this, but it's doubtable, at best. At least I can still swing by Target/Walmart to temporarily download DS demos from their download station thingies.
Edit: How can the controls look confusing for SSBB? They are going to be exactly the same as the Gamecube.

Well, I'm not part of one of the richest families, so a Wii would be good for me. Plus most of the games I'm anticipating most are coming out on the Wii. Not to mention the combination of a revolutionary controller, plus being able to use a Gamecube controller.

As for Sonic Next-Gen, I'll just wait for it to come on the PC and pirate it. *shot*

JJames19119 said:
Discuss what you like but be sure to keep the fanboyness to a respectable level. There ARE mods crawling about the boards now. I'm sure they will want to keep a close eye on this topic. (If not lock it the moment they see it. XD) Keep any stupid fanboy arguements off this topic and use INTELLIGENT discussion.
God pray this request is obeyed during the period whence this topic is active.

I would personally go with the Wii. I'm not at all worried about it sucking in any way; the graphics are good enough, the gameplay I've never questioned, and the "Wiimote" sounds like a cool idea, if you ask me. So far, it's the cheapest of the consoles, and the fact that Link, Mario, Pokemon, and Pikmin always have been Nintendo exclusives is sure to tempt people into buying it. To add to it, backwards compatibility is a must-have, as well as online playability. Unfortunately, to add to the large population of n00bs who instantly accuse Nintendo fans of being Pokemon fanbabies, I'm certain many see the remote rather negatively; the Wii could easily sunken down into the neutral zone. Chance: 77%

I would thing the XBox360 is doing pretty well right now. It's the only next-gen console that has been released, so it's had a major head start for about five months. The games, I've heard, aren't quite that good, but the graphics are excellent, so that helps get people to instantly rush toward it. It also has online play, and it's also built as a multimedia system, so it can easily run on that as long as Halo 3 is released. Chance: 69%

As for SEGA... oh, right. They turned into Bomberman 64 ghosts and started clutching onto other systems. Next, please.

And the PS3... well, I have serious doubts that it'll fare well in the competition. I don't know much about the software and games, but the extremely high price really got my attention. Apparently, the hardware they used for it was quite expensive, so that may have wrecked their plans and forced them to raise the price of the PS3 to what it could have been earlier. However, I heard on the forums they dropped their price in Japan, so they still have a chance: 49%

So, there are my two cents. I mainly believe it'll be a fight between the Wii and the 360, and it's very possible the PS3 will have a sharp disadvantage due to price. Still, everyone's on the run for the money, so we'll just have to wait and pointlessly debate some more before each system comes out.

Also, don't ask how I got the percents. I just try to be as accurate as possible without using any form of math. >_>

Blue Warrior said:
JJames19119 said:
Discuss what you like but be sure to keep the fanboyness to a respectable level. There ARE mods crawling about the boards now. I'm sure they will want to keep a close eye on this topic. (If not lock it the moment they see it. XD) Keep any stupid fanboy arguements off this topic and use INTELLIGENT discussion.
God pray this request is obeyed during the period whence this topic is active.[/size]

Knowing the reliability of "God", it won't.

As for SEGA... oh, right. They turned into Bomberman 64 ghosts and started clutching onto other systems. Next, please.
Heh, I always loved screwing people up as a ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back