Hardest Video Games You Have Played

Is a game that you own and have never beaten?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple

• No.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
camo man said:
Okay:
1.S3&K, I can beat the game with knux but not with sonic or tails, I always get stuck on Zone 4 act 2 :x
!

The spiny thing, right? Alternately press up and down until you can jump to the invincibility monitor below the spiny thing.

It went boom.

So yeah, my PS2 went boom. I have a new game to put on my hardest game list.

Resident Evil: Outbreak 1/2 on very hard and lone wolf mode. No item boxes. Such a nightmare.

KingofFlames said:
Sonic Heroes...hard? lol...

Only the first time through. After that you're like: Why did I ever say:
Why am I playing this stupid game that disgraces Sonic with its stupid over use of bottomless pits and stupid character models that look like big-headed clowns on crack any way!!!111!!! ?

I suck or Capcom decided to be evil, ethier one works. Megaman Network Transmissions(GCN) I believe it was called. Regular Megaman game but stupid bosses over powered and a story that sucked and how all the ammo was limited. Capcom laughing as you die everytime you faced Gutsman. Took me a week!

Then I sold it in frustration and by getting bored of always being killed.

Also Legend of Dragoon. Stupid gem, overpowered and never dies!

TheDarkArchon said:
camo man said:
Okay:
1.S3&K, I can beat the game with knux but not with sonic or tails, I always get stuck on Zone 4 act 2 :x
!

The spiny thing, right? Alternately press up and down until you can jump to the invincibility monitor below the spiny thing.

Thanks for the tip. I just jump on it until i can jump through... (got all emeralds by the time i reached it) and it didn't work, you mean when you stand on it right?

First, all these are games for the computer, some of which ONLY for PC, so I don't know if they count here.

Hardest emulated game - Sonic 2 for Game Gear (SADX edition). STILL can't beat that antlion boss, and that's the FIRST ZONE.

Hardest game to get all items - SADX. No joke. Those Chao races took me over TWO MONTHS to beat.

Hardest expansion pack to a game - Mystic Realm. Again, no joke; any of you who think Sonic games have too many bottomless pits needs to try Silver Cavern and Aerial Gardens. I have yet to get past AGZ1, although partly because I decided to play MR the FIRST TIME ON VERY HARD.

Hardest game in general - Riven (Sequel to Myst). Any of you who have actually played it and finished it should remember this one puzzle of mapping out the link generators to get them running (remember, putting the marbles on the 25X25 grid where the generators were). That was fairly easily the hardest puzzle I have ever done, even with help from a hint guide.

Antiporcupine said:
Hardest game to get all items - SADX. No joke. Those Chao races took me over TWO MONTHS to beat.

Ever heard of the animal trick? You drop an animal just a bit infront of your chao, and the chao gains stats, but the animal can still be reused. The chao races can be done in a DAY with that trick...

FireLaserbeam said:
Antiporcupine said:

Ever heard of the animal trick? You drop an animal just a bit infront of your chao, and the chao gains stats, but the animal can still be reused. The chao races can be done in a DAY with that trick...

Isn't that a glitch though? I'm at least proud to say that I did it legally, and only used each animal once. Only good thing, though, is I now know certain stages like the backs of my hands - predominantly Sky Deck, Red Mountain, Speed Highway, and Emerald Coast, because those were the stages populated with the fly, power, run, and swim animals, and any time I wanted to boost a particular stat I just ran (literally) through that particular stage a couple of times.

Hmmm....

I can't think of many hard games right now, but the final bosses of M&L2:PiT really gave me a hard time. After leveling up and stocking up on items yesterday, I finally beat the Shroob princess's sister, only to discover there was a Bowser boss at the end. >_< I narrowly beat, with only Baby Mario standing with 54 hp.

Antiporcupine said:
I have yet to get past AGZ1, although partly because I decided to play MR the FIRST TIME ON VERY HARD.
That, sir, is ASKING for it. Mystic Realm is hard. Playing on the highest difficulty to start is like asking to be slaughtered.

Mystic said:
Antiporcupine said:
I have yet to get past AGZ1, although partly because I decided to play MR the FIRST TIME ON VERY HARD.
That, sir, is ASKING for it. Mystic Realm is hard. Playing on the highest difficulty to start is like asking to be slaughtered.

Mystic, stop using your e-penis pump.

Bigboi said:
Mystic said:
Antiporcupine said:

LAWL BigBoi!

Hardest MOD: Acid Missile when all players need to compleat the level. Im sorry Mystic. I may suck at SRB2 but MR Wasent that hard. evean on Very Hard mode. FF C_Acidmissle.wad with Agreesive robots and Deadley powers soc Was alot worse. I have yet to try the same with MR though so dont yell at me. (Fix if you want to.)

Bigboi said:
Mystic said:
Antiporcupine said:

Hahaha, funny.

Antiporcupine said:
FireLaserbeam said:
Antiporcupine said:

Ever heard of the animal trick? You drop an animal just a bit in front of your chao, and the chao gains stats, but the animal can still be reused. The chao races can be done in a DAY with that trick...

Isn't that a glitch though? I'm at least proud to say that I did it legally, and only used each animal once. Only good thing, though, is I now know certain stages like the backs of my hands - predominantly Sky Deck, Red Mountain, Speed Highway, and Emerald Coast, because those were the stages populated with the fly, power, run, and swim animals, and any time I wanted to boost a particular stat I just ran (literally) through that particular stage a couple of times.

Yea, but we all know Firelazerdude has no honer.

Radiant Silvergun. The game is frequently lauded as having been one of the most difficult shooters ever made, and while it is fairly difficult for the most part, harder games have been made (Dangerous Seed is painful once you get to the Danger Brain segment). This particular game stands out in my mind, however, as it's just about as extreme as a game can get without becoming too tedious or disheartening (Each continue I lose generally sends me into a fit of hysterics, in a "hahaha oh wow this is epileptic" kind of way).

While I'm still on the subject of shoot-em-ups, ESP. Ra. De. is pretty brutal, and Einhänder gets rather cheap around the 5th stage. Contra Hardcorps used to be pretty high up on my list of difficult games, but I've made several attempts at a no-hit run in Metal Slug 3 recently, and once you subject yourself to that kind of torture, the game really seems tame in comparison. Personally, I've never had a problem with Alien Soldier or Silhouette Mirage, but everyone seems to think that they're hard, so I guess they count as well.

I'll list of bunch of randomly tough official/fan games.

F-Zero GX (No comment.)
ITG (VerTex^2 O_o)
Cave Story-Doukutsu Monogatari (Hard playthrough)
Advance Wars AC (Insanely difficult)
Star Wars Rogue Leader II (Some of the hardest missions)
LoZ: OoT Master Quest (Can be a pain in some dungeons)

I'll update the list when I can think of more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back