• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

where can I find all characters sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! So I decided, without any previous experience modding in this game or any other, to make a mod with a new character. I've draw all their sprites in a piece of paper, and it looks pretty good (I'm impressed with my work), and I'll now digitalize it. Even if it's like, the first time I'm doing sprites ever, I wanna make a decent job. So I'd like the original sprites in order to study the game's style, and make my character blend more naturally in the game, and even to have a base of what I'm doing. I don't wanna make my character way too tall, or with a bigger head than everyone else. So, where can I find them? (especially tails and amy)

First off, you'll need Slade if you don't have it already. After that, you can open up most of SRB2's files in it. The one with all the player sprites is called player.dta.

Ooohh I found it, thanks! There are so many... this is going to take a while

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

First off, you'll need Slade if you don't have it already. After that, you can open up most of SRB2's files in it. The one with all the player sprites is called player.dta.

Btw, why are all the sprites black and white? Can I view them with color?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

found it, nevermind

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Actually, how can I export each sprite as a .png file?

Actually, the correct solution for the b&w sprites are to set srb2.pk3 as the Base Resource.

You can look on yt type custom character tutorial and there is a link for a template all you have to do then is edit it or replace

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

But there are only sonic sprites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back