Using Metal Sonic Race in Zone Builder

Giberish4

Rip 2.1 Match/CTF
I decided to make a level where you race metal sonic, so I looked up a tutorial. Everything was going well until it said I need to use Trigger Linedef Executor – Level Load and Linedef Executor – Start Metal Sonic Race. Can I get a VIDEO tutorial with this please, as I need someone to give me an example. Keep in mind I'm doing this for 2.1, as I couldn't figure out how for 2.2.8 .

sorry for the unnecessary question, but why are you doing this for 2.1 lol?
Basically, I tried to get there on 2.2.8, but failed miserably.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Thx to Anton, he made my creation complete, and I'll make a public wad soon. Now that leaves us at one more issue: How to add the time limit with Metal?

Basically, I tried to get there on 2.2.8, but failed miserably.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Thx to Anton, he made my creation complete, and I'll make a public wad soon. Now that leaves us at one more issue: How to add the time limit with Metal?
Fun Fact: That's actually completetely separate from Metal himself.
The way BCZ1 does it I think is that it has a FOF with a space countdown effect vertically outside of the map on every sector (tag 65535), which expands a few minutes after the level starts.
Also I think the setup for Metal Sonic races on 2.2 is the same as 2.1! (That is, if 2.1 also uses the MAPXXM lump for metal replays. Haven't checked.)

Fun Fact: That's actually completetely separate from Metal himself.
The way BCZ1 does it I think is that it has a FOF with a space countdown effect vertically outside of the map on every sector (tag 65535), which expands a few minutes after the level starts.
Also I think the setup for Metal Sonic races on 2.2 is the same as 2.1! (That is, if 2.1 also uses the MAPXXM lump for metal replays. Haven't checked.)
Ok, but is there a way for me to use that FOF in other maps?
BTW, yes, 2.1 uses MAPXXM lumps.

Ok, but is there a way for me to use that FOF in other maps?
BTW, yes, 2.1 uses MAPXXM lumps.
Yes! You just make an invisible, intangible FOF in the map, set its floor and ceiling heights to something like -1024/-1024 (outside of the map), put the space countdown sector effect on the control sector, then do a delayed linedef executor that starts after the level starts that raises the control sector.

Yes! You just make an invisible, intangible FOF in the map, set its floor and ceiling heights to something like -1024/-1024 (outside of the map), put the space countdown sector effect on the control sector, then do a delayed linedef executor that starts after the level starts that raises the control sector.
Ok but question. How do I use it? Once again, a VIDEO tutorial to place that FOF would be helpful and greatly appreciated, as I can't learn it by reading.

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 372
believe me, there is very little video material.
use wiki for this.
there is a lot of information and everything is quite well explained.
about Linedef - there are examples! You can download and see how it works.
she can answer your questions, for example, "what is FoF?" or ""how to make a metal sonic race"
yes, now a lot of information on the wiki is outdated, but the community is actively updating it and at the moment you can use the wiki.
also, if you are on the official discord of SRB2, you can ask questions there in a special channel to get answers faster

believe me, there is very little video material.
use wiki for this.
there is a lot of information and everything is quite well explained.
about Linedef - there are examples! You can download and see how it works.
she can answer your questions, for example, "what is FoF?" or ""how to make a metal sonic race"
yes, now a lot of information on the wiki is outdated, but the community is actively updating it and at the moment you can use the wiki.
also, if you are on the official discord of SRB2, you can ask questions there in a special channel to get answers faster
Um sure, but what about the invisible wall issue?

Well, don't worry, I fixed it by putting the sign post earlier in the level.
Oh another thing. I've read a thread about a similar issue. The fix for that person who eccountered that issue was to put the skybox and control sectors closer to the level.

<...> was to put the skybox and control sectors closer to the level.
Explanation for Giberish4
Control sectors are those lil' triangular things that are outside the level bounds. They usually handle Floor-over-Floors (FOFs) and colormaps.
The skybox is usually a big round area that contains the Skybox Viewpoint thing - that thing determines where in the skybox you would look from when looking into the sky - any area that renders the F_SKY1 flat or thok barrier.
To move sectors and things, select them and press E in Zone Builder.

Explanation for Giberish4
Control sectors are those lil' triangular things that are outside the level bounds. They usually handle Floor-over-Floors (FOFs) and colormaps.
The skybox is usually a big round area that contains the Skybox Viewpoint thing - that thing determines where in the skybox you would look from when looking into the sky - any area that renders the F_SKY1 flat or thok barrier.
To move sectors and things, select them and press E in Zone Builder.
Ok cool, but can this by used for the BCZ1 countdown FOF thingy?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back